1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NAD - 1970 Orange Matamp OR200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by UnDoNe, Oct 10, 2018.

1. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    UK
    This is it...this is the holy grail!

Shipped over from Sweden, this is a 1970 Orange Matamp OR200. As used by Jimmy Page and many others back in the day. I believe they were only built for a few years and they don't come up very often, so I snapped this one up when it became available.

Fell in love with these back in my teens when Weezer's original bass player used one on their first couple of albums and been after one ever since. The UPS guy was pleased I was in to help him with the box, but out of the box it's not terribly heavy...the two handles make it relatively manageable. Not had chance to really crank it, but just take my word that it sounds really good upload_2018-10-10_19-58-9.

Anyway, pics...

IL5IUpg.

1ZtjuKN.

ROBCQVI.

2. Wow awesome maybe someday when I grow up I’ll get to play a Big Matamp. Enjoy!
    You da man. If what they say is true about the difference between men and boys being the price of their toys. I know this was not at all cheap. Haha

UnDoNe likes this.
  3. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    UK
    Yeah, it wasnt cheap! Although compared to what I've seen them sell for, it was reasonable.
    I have a 1976 Matamp GT100 as well, so I might move that on to recoup some costs. Thanks for the kind words.

4. 10cc

10cc

Oct 28, 2013
    Bad Acid!

UnDoNe likes this.
  5. marsbel

marsbel

Jun 21, 2006
    Belgium
    Review on how it sounds? Or how does it compare to a AD200B?

10cc likes this.