1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NAD! 2 Markbass Heads!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bordinco90, Feb 13, 2019.

1. bordinco90

bordinco90 Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Well I just got in two new Markbass heads. The first was bought here on talkbass. It's a Ninja 1000 watt head. The second one I scored a good deal on musician's friend. It's a nano mark 300. I can't wait to get my Audiokinesis Hathor 212 in to try em!
    IMG_20190213_194401.

BrentSimons and wave rider like this.
  2. bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Let me know what you think?

3. tripp2k

tripp2k

Oct 31, 2010
    DFW-TX
    I've got a LM3 inbound as a backup. Looking forward to giving it a go.

4. bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Nice. I'm really impressed with the build quality of these heads.

5. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Feb 25, 2007
    Sweden
    I would REALLY appreciate your thoughts regarding the Ninja!

eff-clef likes this.
  6. The Ninja has the exact same EQ section as the LM3. The Ninja's power amplifier board is essentially two 500 watt LM3 class D power sections combined to give twice the output of 1000 watts.
    If LM3 has enough power for you then you will get no benefit from the Ninja. However, if you find you are hitting or getting close to the limit of a LM3 then the Ninja is the obvious upgrade. It won't sound any different to a LM3, just more powerful.

7. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Feb 25, 2007
    Sweden
    Thanks! I have a 2008 or 2009 LMII. It is class AB, so it does not sound exactly like the LMIII. Interesting that it uses a bridged pair of LMIII modules - did not know that. I definitely use all clean output from my LMII and I am looking for more.

By the way, I find many new amps to have a high noise floor, even with the master turned completely off. I saw a Ninja in a MI shop a while ago, and it was doing the same. Have you noticed this?

8. I prefer the older class AB Markbass heads as they sound better to my ears with a warmer fuller tone. With the master fully off nothing should be getting to the speakers. I have never been too bothered about a bit of hiss except from the horrible piezo Markbass fit to some combos without a tweeter level control.

Kaplan and AlexanderB like this.
  9. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Feb 25, 2007
    Sweden
    The class AB variants sure sound warmer and smoother. The constant hiss seems to be a reoccuring theme with some modern amps... Just a couple of weeks ago, I heard it in the Reidmar 750 and the Ninja, as well in the Rumble combos and Roland cube - it is even in my old LMII!
    However, with my EBS 1V2 (or the Fender TB preamp) through Labgruppen or QSC PLX power amp, "no volume" means "quiet".

10. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    My LMIII (2011 model) is class AB and made in Italy. Nice warm tone. I only wish I had more direct control over, say, 100-250Hz, or so. Otherwise, solid build, never any issues, and it's been gigged a LOT.

bordinco90 and Kaplan like this.
  11. Kaplan

Kaplan

Jul 25, 2018
    Germany
    Congrats! :thumbsup:

bordinco90 likes this.
  12. bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Thanks. I'm ready to gig with em.