1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD 70s Ampeg V4B

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CRich0205, Mar 28, 2015.

1. CRich0205

CRich0205

Feb 17, 2013
    Kansas
    This came in friday from gamefacebass who was great to deal with. It sounds just as good as I hoped it would. Now I feel the need for a sealed can to go with it and it will be a perfect match for my P bass. Per TB rules pics or it didn't happen.

Attached Files:

Tbone76, middy, JimmyM and 1 other person like this.
  2. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Great head and score. Enjoy.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    You don't necessarily need a sealed cab with that head. Just go for one that sounds good. Ampeg's got a killer little 212 that they pair up with the new V4B. Would probably work for you if you're looking for that 810 vibe in a smaller cab (I'm assuming that's why you wanted a sealed cab?).

4. Fantastic amp. If they didn't weigh twice as much as the Reissue V4B I'd've kept mine.

5. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    What is that 2x15 cab in your pic, hows it sounding with your V4B? I really like that its actually wide enough for a 70's V4B. Your head would overhang most other bass cabs by nearly 3", but some people don't seem to mind that look. Are you looking for a wide cab or are you cool with the overhang look?

6. CRich0205

CRich0205

Feb 17, 2013
    Kansas
    @anderbass that is a Hartke vx215 relatively lightweight at 75 lbs but I want that classic ampeg tone but don't want an 810. @JimmyM i have really thought about that 212 but the height makes me nervous after having a tall can for a few years it's just so much easier to hear at lower volume.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I hear you. Tall cabs are better. Well there's always the 810 ;) There's also stacking two cabs.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  8. I'd keep the VX215. Right weight. Right size and surely could be eq'd to sound great.

9. CRich0205

CRich0205

Feb 17, 2013
    Kansas
    @rodl2005 after havin the amp for a few days I'm starting to get it dialed in a little bit this is my first ampeg head so but I've got plenty of time to get it to sound how I like.

rodl2005 likes this.