1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD: Acoustic 370

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ShaneF, Aug 31, 2016.

1. ShaneF

ShaneF

Oct 15, 2015
    IMG_1963.JPG

...wow. Just wow. I don't think I need a tube amp anymore. This thing has tone for days and has that old vintage sound that is very warm and punchy. Really enjoying keeping the EQ flat, with slight mid boost, and with the BRIGHT switch on. Sounds very SVT-ish. I did not think I was gonna be this happy when I purchased it honestly. I didn't know solid state could sound so good! and for $350 it feels great too :smug:

I had the volume on 2 and it shook everything in my garage pretty violently... is my little 212av gonna be able to handle the kind of punishment that this thing dishes out??

If not.. I guess i'll pick up 2 beater 810s on Craigslist and really make everyone and myself deaf ;)

In conclusion, amazing amp. Surprisingly versatile. Ridiculously loud. Can be nice and smooth or bright and grindy and everything in between. Buy one if you see one in a pawn shop or for cheap on the internet. :bassist:

2. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Nice!!!

I'm a long-time fan of Acoustic (the real one) amps. Owned a 360 stack and a 150 head that I used to put into a 301 18" folded horn cab for smaller venues.

You're right about tone. They had tone for days. Great amps. And about the only solid-state amps I ever used regularly that I liked the sound of as much as I do tube heads.

Great catch. Play it well. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

BasturdBlaster and ShaneF like this.
  3. 10cc

10cc

Oct 28, 2013
    Put a dummy Jack into the 2nd input while using the 1st input;)

ShaneF likes this.
  4. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson Supporting Member

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Great choice.

ShaneF likes this.
  5. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    It's super loud on 2, but doesn't get much louder past 4, just more overdrive. Which can sound great too.

ShaneF likes this.
  6. Beat me to that. Great score!

ShaneF likes this.
  7. jj4001

jj4001

Dec 27, 2010
    Providence, RI
    Cool amp! I love mine. Keep an eye out for an old Acoustic cab to pair it with if you happen to find a deal on one cheap. To me, these old Acoustic heads are a total different ballgame through an Acoustic cab that pairs well. For instance, my same 370 with almost identical settings sounded completely different through these two cabs:

IMG_0659.jpg

and:

IMG_0739.jpg

The Ampeg cab was very distorted with the 370, in the very best way. I wish I could find an OD/Dist. pedal I like that much. With the Acoustic cab, those same 370 settings are pretty much clean. I needed to add a couple dirt pedals in for some drive.

I'm more experienced gigging/recording with 2x15 and 8x10 cabs, but my impression is the folded horn cabs can really dominate a room beyond what the others can do.

BasturdBlaster, 10cc and ShaneF like this.
  8. ShaneF

ShaneF

Oct 15, 2015
    I think all the internal components in mine have been cleaned recently. I noticed a change in clean volume all the way up until almost noon on the volume knob. After that... Of course lots of breakup and it sounds so awesome.

9. ShaneF

ShaneF

Oct 15, 2015
    Ah yes I've seen you post this in previous threads before!!

Is it just a jack with no wiring/cable attached to it?

10cc likes this.
  10. billgoodwin

billgoodwin

Mar 28, 2011
    Roanoke,VA
    370..... great choice! THE RIG.jpg

11. map34157

map34157 Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Burbank, CA
    Here's mine :)

370 enclosure.jpg

middy likes this.
  12. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    @ShaneF: GREAT AMP, one that makes a former owner of one think "I wish I still had that amp".

Your impression is correct.

Back in the decade of long hair, spandex, road crew, etc. our manager walked in and said "CRAB! I can hear you 3 blocks away where I had to park".
    That would be a 370 into a 301(my side) and a Cerwin-Vega 18 half horn(like a 301 cut in half) on the other side of the drum riser....flanked by and SVT with an 8x10(on each side). I ran it with each amp EQ'ed to do what it did best(highs cut on the 370, SVT on bright and dirty with lows cut a bit).
    Here's one side.
    Ole Man Rivers 1980s 2.jpg

PS: after I left that band, the FOH started blowing out subs because the operator had to make the PA do what my rig was previously doing for the bass guitar part of the band.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    lovechick, ShaneF, 10cc and 3 others like this.
  13. jj4001

jj4001

Dec 27, 2010
    Providence, RI
    ******* sick.

10cc likes this.