1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NAD-Acoustic B100 Super Deal and Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Clark Westfield, Sep 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Clark Westfield

Clark Westfield Floyd Pepper is my mentor!

Jan 30, 2012
    Central Jersey
    image. image. Hey all, just picked up an Acoustic B100 amp for the low, low price of FREE!

My buddy at work purchased it new, tried playing for about 3 months, and gave up the instrument.

He just wanted it out of his spare bedroom, so his loss is my gain. I promised him I'd change his oil in his cars this weekend. Fair trade!

Question, there is a speaker output on the back. If I plug my 410, 8 ohm cabinet, what would the total wattage be?

The amp is rated at 100 watts, which I believe is just the combo alone.

Just seeing what I could do with it.

So far it sounds good by itself and with the 410 plugged in.

2. I'd just google the name model # and put specs at the end. You should come up with the answer. Find out before you experiment.

EDIT

I just looked it up. It is actually a 4ohm out so "I think" you should be good with either an 8 or 4 ohm load.
    If you want to err on the side of caution, never a bad thing, you can always call their customer service line and inquire.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  3. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

May 20, 2008
    The combo speaker is rated for 4Ω already, so they configured the external speaker jack in series, not parallel. So going from 100 watts @ 4Ω to X amount of watts @ 12Ω, your guess is as good as mine.

4. Clark Westfield

Clark Westfield Floyd Pepper is my mentor!

Jan 30, 2012
    Central Jersey
    The Acoustic cabinet they recommend is at 8 ohms, so I'm not going to damage anything.

My cab is 8 ohms.

Just looking for max output.

I could not find it on the web.

I'll keep looking.

5. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    You got snookered! You overpaid by way too much. Next time, try and negotiate a better deal. ;)