1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD: Ampeg 210AV + PF350 - Very Happy!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lovep, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Lovep

Lovep Supporting Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    As a little gift to myself, I purchased a new rig for my bedroom/practice amp setup. I wanted something very small that packed a controlled punch. I was torn between the Ampeg 112AV or the 210AV. Given the 210AV is sealed and lighter, I decided to go that route.

With the 210AV in mind, I thought the Ampeg Mini-VR would be the best complement--in terms of sound and especially aesthetics. But, I decided to go for the PF-350 since I've read that the 210AV can really "open up" with more wattages and I am more familiar with the PF-heads.

I'm using a 5-string Lakland JO and the low B-string is very clear and deep. The highs are very crisp. Since my bass is passive, I am using a Aguilar Tone Hammer Pedal as a preamp and it really helps in rounding out the sound. The PF-350 head is light and sounds great. It is very intuitive and pairs well with the TH pedal.

The 210AV cab is very well built, however the tolex is cheap cheap cheap! I own a V4B(RI)/212AV cab and the tolex seems different and more sturdy (maybe different vendors??).

Overall, I am extremely surprised and pleased by the sound of this combination!

D5FE7BD4-698E-4715-9120-B13CC3F8A02F.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  2. Bourbongangster

Bourbongangster

Nov 5, 2015
    I have the exact same amp/head combo. I'm a fan. Congrats!

High Camp and Lovep like this.
  3. Now you need another SVT210AV to make it into a giggable rig! I use two SVT210AV cabs with my Micro VR and it is surprisingly capable.

12BitSlab and Lovep like this.
  4. versicolor

versicolor

Jan 18, 2013
    You are right, that is a nice combination. I have the pf-350 with a pf410hlf and the 210av sitting on top of it. Completely amazing rig. Ridiculously loud and very punchy. I love it.

Lovep likes this.
  5. High Camp

High Camp

Oct 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    I have the PF350/210AV combination too, love it!
    (I use it for homepractice, but with two cabs, it sure would be giggable)

Lovep likes this.
  6. Lovep

Lovep Supporting Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I really don’t think I’ll need more than a 2x10 for my bedroom. A good 1x10 would even make sense.

When I need to bring out a larger rig, the V4B and 2x12 would be the choice for me!

13049ED5-83F8-4008-AB99-2C88E7655ED5.