1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD: Ampeg BA-210 V2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mbell75, Jan 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mbell75

mbell75

May 23, 2016
    After years of being a Fender only and a 15 only guy, I finally got my first Ampeg and with 10s...I'm loving it!

IMG_4965.JPG

2. Congratulations and good luck!

Made the switch from a 15 only guy to a 2x10 guy myself with the same amp. A year later, I'm still lovin' it. I even picked up an external Acoustic 2x10 Neo extension cabinet. Sounds great!

A heads up though.......check all the mounting screws for the head to the cabinet as well as all the input jacks on the front panel. Tighten if needed. Mine worked their way loose after a few gigs. After tightening them up, no problems since then.

mbell75 likes this.
  3. Mine has done well. Don't care for the Scrambler system though. I get my dirt from a Pork Loin. However, the Ampeg has been mostly retired and relegated to my girlfriend's son to practice on. I take my super light weight Rumble 40v3 whenever possible and tend to favor my Bugera head/cab for louder stuff. The wheels make the Bugera cab easier to move around.

4. mbell75

mbell75

May 23, 2016
    Thanks. Is it normal for it to be making a humming noise? I'm assuming it's a fan? Not too loud but noticeable in a quiet room a few feet from it.

5. I can hear my fan run in a quiet room but, it's not excessively noisy.

mbell75 likes this.
  6. mbell75

mbell75

May 23, 2016
    Thanks. Sounds about right.

7. Ditto on mounting screws. First one I picked I thought had a blown speaker but was actually the head vibrating. Returned it for another and zero issues.

8. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Nice amp, congrats!
    I have a SLM era BA115HP and love it, it has been a great sounding, 100% reliable workhorse.

9. I hate fenders solid state amps but what do I know.

10. I'm thinking about getting the BA 210, can I use a Sansamp vt in front of it or do I need an overdrive?

mbell75 likes this.
  11. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Yes to the VT, but whether you like the Scrambler in the BA210 over an outboard overdrive is a matter of opinion. I think it sounds pretty good but pedals are easier for me to deal with switching in and out, as you'll probably want to twist the EQ knobs a bit and boost some bass when you use heavier settings. Using the blend helps keep changes to the settings at a minimum, but if you don't like blend you'll probably want to do some boosting of lows. But once you get it dialed, I think it sounds pretty good. Might not have you selling your favorite more expensive OD, but it's solid for mild-medium duty. Hoping to get my hands on the pedal version of the Scrambler when it comes out.

12. iagtrplyr

iagtrplyr Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    My 210, around a year ago this time, was purchased new and did have an evident rattling of one of the tens. Back she went to my local store and we ordered a replacement.

It took a little time, but showed up, the owner ran it through its paces and it sounded fine. Within a week the amp began to act up and it went back. I traded up to a Micro Rig, but loved the tone of that BA-210.

I wish the first one would've worked. As for the fan whirl, it was no biggie. Those tens could certainly move some air though!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 2, 2020