NAD Ampeg Heavy (Literally)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sylvanbass, Nov 26, 2022.

1. sylvanbass

sylvanbass Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Kingston Springs TN
    I need to join AA (Ampeg Anonymous). Last few years I've been sort of really into Ampeg stuff like I was in my youth. I've been able to buy things in my older age I never could afford when I was younger. I also don't play much any more due to health issues, but this is a nice sight to have and play through at home.

Newest additions are the V-4B and B100R that were both delivered today. It's been a great Thanksgiving weekend for sure. I have a line on some other, more classic Ampeg's on my list of acquisitions, so this family will continue to grow and look forward to sharing with my TB fam!
    IMG-0046.jpg IMG-0047.jpg

2. Nice collection!

3. Old Fart

Old Fart Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2011
    Yes. Very nice collection. But something's still missing. Could it be....the iconic SVT/810 rig?

4. sylvanbass

Jul 9, 2013
    Kingston Springs TN
    That will be under the tree from Santa if all goes well lol.

Murch, kentiki, Mr Cheese and 7 others like this.
  5. Marko 1

Marko 1 Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    I'm guessing that sweet Yamaha BB sounds great through those rigs. :bassist:

Mr Cheese and Clutchcargo like this.
  6. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    Excellent! :)

7. JeezyMcNuggles

JeezyMcNuggles Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Santa Maria, CA
    I suck, but nobody really notices
    I think that vintage ampeg collection guy is still selling his basement on here. There's any original amp and cab combination you can dream of in it, and it's all up for sale. Do a search.

8. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    The B100R is such a great combo!

9. Jefus

Jefus Does this amp make my bass sound fat? Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Sacramento
    I'm glad I wasn't the only who noticed. That is a sweet looking, orange BB!

10. I love the aesthetics of Ampeg (and a few other brands), with control panels reminiscent of Apollo-era spacecraft cockpit controls. Metallic panels with knobs and toggle switches and the cool fonts Ampeg uses in their logos.

Pdaddy1978 likes this.
  11. pbassnut

pbassnut Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Falls Church, VA
    Nice score on the Ampeg stuff. Those B100Rs are real sleepers, IMHO. They're more powerful than you'd think for a 100 watt 1x15 combo and it's amazing how well they captured the essence of the B-15 "fliptop" sound with solid state circuitry. It's just too bad they're so heavy and awkward to schlep with just that one handle on top and the power cord just hanging there with nothing to wrap it around.

Bobby Bass likes this.
  12. dbsfgyd1

dbsfgyd1

Jun 11, 2012
    Mascoutah, IL
    Congrats! A very nice collection.

13. BassGreaser

BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX

Now it’s time to plug them all in together for the ultimate rig of doom!

14. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

Aug 7, 2008
    sylvanbass, mikewalker and Patrice B like this.
  15. sylvanbass

Jul 9, 2013
    Kingston Springs TN
    I do have to say that I think I am in love with the V-4B and SVT212AV together, and I am a believer now of the stories I have read praising their partnership together. It is quite amazing. So far I like the sound of it better through just a single 212 instead of both running. Haven't had much time to really open it up with the kiddo being home. Gonna really crank it tomorrow before he gets home from school. He asked me to turn it down yesterday cause it was interrupting his Fortnite "focus" lol.

As for B100R, I had one years ago and loved it. I think I may have gotten a lemon on this one buying from GC's used site. It is in immaculate condition, but I can't tell if it is the speaker or just dirty electronics cause it makes a nasty distorted sound at any volume, even low. Was equally excited about that getting here as the V4-B, so a little disappointed. Trying to decide if it's worth getting it looked at, or just returning it.

16. sylvanbass

Jul 9, 2013
    Kingston Springs TN
    Oh, and yes, the BB414 with La Bella LTF sounds absolutely amazing through it!!! I have been a big fan of the BB series the last couple of years, even the lower models. Really want a BB2000 one day.