1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD: Another Peavey bargain

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LinusKarlsson, Nov 12, 2018.

1. The last Peavey rig I got just over a week ago, I got for free. While this one wasn't free, it was cheap. I saw it advertised in a local FB group on saturday night, for the equivalent of about 45 USD. I jumped on the phone. It wasn't sold yet, and on sunday morning I got in my car. The seller had the rig given to him some years ago by a relative, and now he was moving house and didn't really have the space for it anymore.

It's not without it's faults. The cab is dead and the amp has some really scratchy pots and jacks. It does however sound really great. The cab doesn't really bother me, I don't have any space for it anyway and the plan is to flip it and try to get some of the money back. Perhaps even all of it. The amp will be a fun restoration work in progress.

It just amazes me how good this old Peavey stuff is and how crazy cheap some of it is.

IMG_3014.