NAD - Ashdown ABM 500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CalBuzz51, Apr 15, 2017.

1. CalBuzz51

CalBuzz51

Mar 11, 2016
    Seattle
    Actually received this on Thursday, but today is the first day I've been able to really play it. The singer in my band has one, so I know how it sounds, but this one is cleaner.

IMG_5778.JPG

I play country on short scales with flats, I really like how this amp can bring out the low end, it "fills the room." The "scoop" button is really scooped - but I've been really pleased with how that sounds with a (mid-heavy) Dano Longhorn - the band loves that pairing.

For the most part tho I think I'll run it in "flat" mode. I like the eq bumbed up a bit in the low mids, and there are two sliders for that.

I sold a Shuttle 6.0 to fund this - polar opposite in some ways (I still really like my Shuttle 6.2). Looking forward to learning this amp more.

Anyone know if the 12ax7 can be rolled? It looks like its mounting is a permanent fixture. I ask because I think the tube in my singers amp is fried.

Attached Files:

deathness and BrentSimons like this.
  2. floydman

floydman

Sep 27, 2002
    southeast CT
    I have tried some variations in the preamp tube of the ABM500. Sounded great with some flea market finds including a couple mullards