1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD: Ashdown CTM-15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by madbanjoman, Jun 15, 2014.

1. madbanjoman

madbanjoman Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    I got an Ashdown CTM-15 head and used on a gig today. it is my first tube bass and I am loving the sound of it. it handled the gig no problem. I am the low end in an acoustic trio and don't need a very large rig to be heard. Here is a pic. the CTM-15 is between me and one of my sons ImageUploadedByTalkBass1402887433.598073.

2. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    The CTM15 is a fantastic small valve amp with lovely tone. I've got the slightly bigger version which is the LB30. I'm sure that amp sounds lovely with your band :)

3. Classic69

Classic69 Banned

Feb 25, 2014
    Very nice! I think they offer a head/cab combo (10" Driver) too and for small gigs, rehearsal, recording, I'll bet it sounds excellent.

Just boasted myself about my next-to-biggest CTM 100, and it is a great piece of gear.
    Congrats.

4. madbanjoman

Feb 23, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    I looked for the 10" cab that goes with the CTM-15 and couldn't find it. at least not in the US. I am currently using a Carvin PA extension speaker. it works well. CTM-100 looks amazing. if I was playing in a rock band again, that would be the head I would want. I never had played bass through a tube amp and now that I have, I can see why they are so loved.

5. Classic69

Classic69 Banned

Feb 25, 2014
    aead07e1-d7d5-4fd4-bf11-8ab06ef5ab8f.
    Ashdown has some variables from what is on their website (U.K) and what is available/distributed/sold here in the U.S.
    I wanted to order covers for my head/cab, and to make sure what was listed was the right fit, I E-Mailed.
    Heard from Mark, Mr. Ashdown himself! Also- Interesting that my 115H cab is sold at online dealers new, and it is- But it was the Klystron model, and mine was built in 2008!!!!'No matter, I love it.

Thanks for letting me horn in and post another pic!!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  6. madbanjoman

Feb 23, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    sweet looking rig. Mark's enthusiasm in the intro videos for the CTM-15 convinced me to give it a try. It's cool you got to communicate with him. I am glad you did join in on the post. I love seeing other cool rigs

7. Classic69

Classic69 Banned

Feb 25, 2014
    I told Mark I'll intro myself at next Winter NAMM,
    The Ashdown Facebook page shows some great stuff, including a custom order of Blonde rigs! Sweeet!

You little 15 looks like it's fun & 1/2 to play! Have fun!

8. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom