1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD: Ashdown Perfect Ten MiniRig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lazarus.Bird, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    So I snagged this off craigslist the other day for 200 bones. I've got a great big boy rig, but I am still using the amp that came with the Fender Squier Affinity starter pack I purchased 7 years ago or so. The speaker has been buzzing a lot lately, so I finally decided I needed a new living room amp.

This is the Ashdown Perfect Ten MiniRig. 65 watt solid state head and two 1x10 cabinets. Three band EQ, input gain, output level, Deep switch, and some other little features.

[​IMG]

Overall, this thing is pretty damn neat! Guy I bought it from said that the speakers were upgraded with the ones they use in the 8x10s. Surprisingly has some very good low end rumble to it. It won't leave my house, as it was bought purely for practicing at home, but it does what it does quite well. Good, deep clean bass, and I have always just loved how the Ashdowns look! Even better, the Ashdown blue speaker cones are almost a perfect match to my black on blue Ric 4003 :)

2. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    i had one of those a few years ago. nice little practice amp. one thing to be aware of, if not already, the drivers in those cabs are 16 ohm. therefore, the amp runs at an 8 ohm combined load, as designed. something to be aware of if attaching other cabs of lesser impedance. if it were mine, i'd open one of the cabs and check the impedance on the speaks that were replaced.

3. Beachcoma

Beachcoma

Mar 19, 2007
    Utrecht
    Sweet! I used to own one of those whilst living on campus :)

4. No S/D shows planned with this rig? :ninja:

5. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Haha nooooo.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021