1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD! B100R Finally!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DLEE, Nov 8, 2010.

1. DLEE

DLEE

May 24, 2006
    Mableton ,Ga.
    After looking for one for what seemed like forever I finally got my greedy little hands on one. Yahooo! I pulled up CL yesterday morning and much to my surprise one had just been posted.I replied as fast as I could and the seller hit me right back up.Looks like it just came out of the box,it's super clean.He said in the ad the on light didn't work so he took a chunk off instead fixing it.Works perfect and I would think the light can be bought at Fliptops or somewhere but it's not an issue with me.OK,the SOUND! You guys were right,righteous tone in spades! I have recorded with a b-15 and this thing is eerily close. I put on my old demo tape and was able to cop the tone with very little tweeking.With my old P & flats it sounds just like BUTTA! Old school thump for days.Now the kicker,I plugged in my L2K with rounds and Whoaa Nelly I was reaching for the gain to back it off.This little amp gets some serious volume with the G&L. I've been playing my hands off since yesterday. This little amp makes me want to play. I know, pics or it ain't for real. Here ya go....

P1010002-1.

2. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    It's a great little amp. Welcome to the club.

3. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Congrats! Clips?

4. Tusec

Tusec

Jan 10, 2010
    Wow, that thing is in great shape. If I outgrow my B50R I'll probably go to a B100R. Love the way these amps look and sound. Not sure how the 100 is, but the 50 is ultra easy to dial in. You basically set everything flat and you're good to go. Instant old school tone.

5. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I use a P-Bass with flats. Dialing in the B100R consists of flipping the toggle switch to "ON".

6. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    That was my experience! I really liked mine (and I also thought it came pretty close to my '63 B15N) but now I have a Mesa/Boogie. Nothing wrong with the Ampeg, but the Walkabout Scout gets 300 watts with the same weight, and a killer tone from my P with TI Jazz Flats.

I traded the B100R in at the local music store, and the owner put it in his music room at home to replace an Ibanez bass amp. He told me later that "it sure sounds better than that Ibanez." No kidding.:D

7. bstringrandy

bstringrandy Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2004
    Jacksonville, FL
    Congrats and welcome to the B100R world!

Mine stays over at the drummer's house, but it sure helps me look forward to rehearsals knowing that it's there waiting!! :D

8. Congrats! I love my Ampeg B100R, will never let it go.

9. stiles72

stiles72

Mar 20, 2009
    Albany IL
    B-100R is a great amp, and is a damn close cousin to the B15. Enjoy!

10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    wish i'd have gotten one. best 100w combo on the market imho...although it's no longer on the market. i'm hoping these b-15 hybrids ampeg is coming out with will make me forget about it, but dang, that's a great amp and it'll be a hard act to follow.

11. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    This ^

Interesting that you mentiong the light not working. Mine is intermittent. I usually have to give it a couple of taps with my finger for it to come on. I suppose I could fix it, but since it doesn't affect the tone, I really don't care that much.

12. Billy3000

Billy3000

Dec 18, 2008
    I recorded my last band's record on one and fell in love with it! I actually just suggested it to the guy who posted the thread about wanting to build a home build tube amp for recording! I would love to get my hands on one of these amps!

13. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    This.

14. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    And this.

Congrats! I wish my "big rig" sounded as good as my B100R.

15. DLEE

DLEE

May 24, 2006
    Mableton ,Ga.
    You know with my G&L I believe I could get by with it miked in some of the smaller places and still hear it behind me. The only problem I have with it is now I want a real B15. Damn you Jimmy! Everytime I see your stack I get a warm feeling in my naughty places.

16. Checker1o1

Checker1o1

Jul 30, 2008
    Hamilton, On
    B-200R, enough said.

17. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    Nice score. Still can't wrap my mind around why Ampeg discontinued this model. My guess is that they know I want one :p

18. Probably because what Ampeg has in store amp-wise for 2011 is very similar. I hope the price is similar.