1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD: Bassman 20

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JellinWellen, Feb 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Oct 18, 2012
    Texas
    Been on the lookout for a good practice space rig and finally think I found what I was looking for.

Picked this up in a local GC today for $299. Good shape and very clean, sounds really nice with plenty of low end. Although I'm not really a sub-bass kind guy, but it'll shake the walls just fine, its louder than it looks ;)

The speaker is a 15, does anyone know if fender made these or if someone like EV or Eminence did?

I noticed after I got home and stuck a flashlight back there that one of the 6V6 power tubes seems to be a little crooked, I tried to wiggle it back into the socket but it was pretty stuck to where it was. I'm assuming the pins may be a little bent, anyone think that is cause for alarm? Doesn't seem to be affecting anything though.

Bassman 20. Bassman 20 Tubes.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    markjazzbassist likes this.
  2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Now THAT is a cool practice amp!

Try to gently wiggle the tube out. Then you can see what you're working with.

3. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Oct 18, 2012
    Texas
    Yeah I plan on tinkering with it when I have the time this weekend. As for right now I'm enjoying it as it is :D

4. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Oct 18, 2012
    Texas
    This thing has a 1/4in. line out, how exactly does that work? Does that mean I can use that to slave this into a PA or something?

5. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Very cool find :thumbsup:

6. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

Oct 18, 2012
    Texas
    Just thought I'd put out a little update:

LOVING this amp, low enough wattage to where you can put it on 10 without blowing your ears out. And gets this nice overdriven sound ala Geezer Butler when you dig in and drive those tubes. drool

7. gary m

gary m

Jan 17, 2011
    Mid -Atlantic
    Nice find! Tubes are always a plus.

I'd pull the tubes and sketch out what goes where, as well as write down what kind and how many. There are lots of NOS tubes that you can pick up on the net as spares...never hurts to have a few stuck back in case one fails. www.tubesandmore.com is a good place to start your search.

For a speaker, I've had good personal luck with the Eminence Beta 15 in low to medium power applications. They're widely available and reasonably priced at sites like US Speaker.

Let us know how you do.

8. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    nice man. volume wise what would you compare it to? i've always been intrigued by these little guys.