1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD: Bugera Veyron Mosfet Amp and Bugera BN115TS Cabinet: REVISITED.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by alaskaleftybass, Apr 18, 2015.

1. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Finally had a chance to pull my new amp out of the box and try it out with my new Bugera 115 cab.
    The amp was packed very securely and wrapped in sealed plastic. Nice instructions.
    I had a chance to try it out for an hour before gigging tomorrow night.
    Pictured with my new amp is my favorite Ibanez SR500 natural finish 4 string bass.

IMG_2428_zpsayl3fkm6.
    IMG_2430_zps9usbbne3.

IMG_2431_zps93sqlxtc.

IMG_2432_zpspafbpqen.

IMG_2433_zpsfokfuuso.

All the function lights are backlit. When turned on there is a nice orange glow coming from inside the grill in the front and side vents. Using 1-10 for tone settings I used the following: Pre: 5, Compression: Turned on at 3, UltraBass on, Bass: 5, Mid: 5 with Mid Frequency at 400Hz, Treble: 1, Master (while in the house), 3. Bugera recommends you adjust the Pre until it stays on slightly while playing. I'm an old school bass player so I use a flat frequency curve with a strong mid bump. The tone controls are so widely flexible that a slap bass player could get a nice bright aggressive tone while a jazz player could dial in a warmer tone. The amp is about 10 x 10 x 3" and weighs a light 7 pounds.

A unique feature I love about the Veyron is the built in carrying handle. Built into the side of the amp and it's also padded. Very smart. The tone reminded me of an old SVT especially when driven hard. Absolutely love it. Pushing the gain it really felt to my ears like a classic tube amp that was loud and overdriven, even at low volumes.

The Bugera 115 is a deep cabinet with a large slot port on the bottom. It has a 15" Turbosound speaker and adjustable horn. I have the horn on 1/3. When the horn was turned on full it was very crisp and snappy-- great for slappers. After adjusting my initial settings I cranked the volume on the amp. Even at high volumes there was no break up from the cabinet. The cabinet is a light 61 pounds made of void-free 5/8" plywood with a semi-gloss truck-bed style finish, a black metal grill with a large chrome nameplate. It has nice large 3 inch removable wheels and rolls around very easily.

I'm going to buy another Bugera 115 because I like 15's-- I felt that the amp really wanted to open up the volume and bottom end with a second cabinet. Even with one cabinet, though, the volume and wall shaking bottom end are sufficient for the majority of gigs I'll use it for. I'm amazed at the high quality of this equipment! All the material is of the highest quality, and the fit and finish on the amp and cabinet are excellent.

I'll use this rig tomorrow night with a full band. I'm confident no matter how loud they get I'll be able to keep up.

Any questions, just ask. Very happy with my new purchase! :D

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  2. Congratulations! Good to hear more real-world reviews on the Veyron..will be good to hear how your gig went!

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  3. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Thank you sir! :)

4. disssa

disssa

May 6, 2009
    Germany
    Congratulation! I like the Mosfet version rather than the tube version.

5. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Thank you, I found your reviews very in depth except I don't read German that well! :D

6. disssa

disssa

May 6, 2009
    Germany
    Thank You!
    I'm looking for someone who translate my reviews. My english isn't so good...

7. That is nice to hear. The grill slots do not look big enough to let the sound out. But you say it works so, I trust you.:smug:
    Enjoy. Look forward to your review. :bassist:

8. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    ShoMeMusic.com; Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Darkglass, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Quilter, Blackstar, Cort, Traynor, and other
    Thanks for posting your review. Nice looking! Please let us know your impressions when you get the 2nd cab.

9. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Hey Bigbottom! Thank you! I walked around the room and the grill holes were absolutely no problem for producing bass. Thanks for dropping by!

Thank you bebass. I will revisit this again when I do!! As I live on an island in Alaska it might be a while before I have another one shipped in LOL. But yes, I believe the second cab will really open up the volume and bottom end. Somehow it just felt like a car with a big engine wanting to Go Go Go! :D

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  10. disssa

disssa

May 6, 2009
    Germany
    Try the BT210TS as a second cab. I think, this would be a good combination to your 115 cab.

alaskaleftybass and friendlybass like this.
  11. friendlybass

friendlybass

Jul 19, 2012
    Colorado
    Glad to hear someone liking these, I've needed an affordable brand to recommend friends and students, let us know how the gig goes! Also maybe in a little while give us your opinion after living with it for a few months!

12. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Thank you gentlemen!

13. Thanks for a very good in depth review. I'm looking at getting this exact rig.
    Just wondering what the dimensions of the cabinet are so I could have a cover made
    As I've not seen any covers being offered by Bugera.

14. odarellmc

odarellmc

Jul 8, 2012
    Chicago
    Ok so the amp 2k watts? What's the 15 rated?

15. Acoustic356

Acoustic356 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Earth
    Thanks! The first review that I read online was some guy that said the cab broke up with is 250 watt head. I was like "no way that would ever happen."

My first guess was that he probably had a distortion patch loaded on the tone print... nice to hear a good review that makes sense!

16. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    My Daughter just texted me that my Father's Day Gift has arrived. A Veryron M Can't wait to plug it up!!!

17. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Well, whoops, forgot to post my post-live performance review!
    I've been gigging with a two guitar band off and on over the last couple months, with only one cab. BTW This cabinet is identical to the Ampeg 115 HE, I believe, at less than half the price. Before the B-haters come out, everyone now has their own version of the Ampeg HE: Hartke, Acoustic, etc.

Anyway, the amp performs very well with just one cab. It is very warm and musical sounding. Very nice bottom end out of the cab/amp head. The head never needs to go above halfway even on a loud night. It's very nice to feel comfortable having that headroom available. Other two amps are a Marshall 212 combo and a Fender 212 combo.

I went around the room and listened to the amp when I let a friend sit in. It is very full sounding, WOW, love that Turbosound speaker! The Brits know how to design kick butt speakers! I could hear plenty bottom end, and the guy plays with his fingers and there was a nice crisp treble to the overall tone. I was smiling by the time I got back up to play.

The amp and cabinet have not given me even a HICCUP AT ALL since I've owned it. The set looks and performs like a higher end brand... excellent fit and finish. A couple of bass players are wanting to get something similar. I might offer mine for sale as I'm thinking of going to a 210 x 2 stack with the Veyron Tube version.

So there you go. If anyone is sitting on the fence thinking of buying this gear, take the plunge and buy it! I'm very satisfied. One day before next summer (outdoor shows time) I'll buy the second 115 if I keep this setup. I would be perfectly happy if I did. However we all know that guy called GAS visits us all at times!

18. You know you can say the B-word on Talkbass?
    BUGERA.
    BEHRINGER.
    See I said it, now you try. :smug:

19. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    LOL :laugh:

Holding Jaw:

Bu Ger A!

Behr Ing Er!

I can do it ! I can do it!

SirMjac28 and S-Bigbottom like this.
  20. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    OOPS forgot this suggestion. I'm thinking about it! Thank you.