NAD! Carvin Content...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by alanolynn, Dec 6, 2019.

1. alanolynn

alanolynn

Aug 19, 2012
    NNY
    Woohoo!

It's not new, but it may as well be.

A recently serviced, and awesomely shape-able Carvin BX1500!

Haven't had a chance to let it sing through the Henry yet, but I'm sure it will do great things. Nice, clear, articulate, uncolored tone!

The seller was local, and I made sure to ask about the typical ribbon cable issues. He says its been in the rack it's whole life, and hasn't had any trouble. I'll be sure to open in up and inspect for myself anyway. He even threw in the power conditioner. Woo!

Happy times ahead. Rehearsal is early next week, so I'll be jittery until I can really belt it out with the band. Either way, I'm sure it will beat the pants off of my TC BQ500!

Attached Files:

2. Those are great amps! Wish Carvin still existed and offered audio and live sound gear.

dBChad, MCF, wintremute and 1 other person like this.
  3. alanolynn

alanolynn

Aug 19, 2012
    NNY
    Definitely!

The band I drum in with @kringle77 uses a compact Carvin PA and it has replaced our old, huge, system. HARD TO BEAT!

4. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    Used that amp for many years. Unlimited EQ options, crossover, ability to bridge, compressor, etc. Don't really think you will need the power conditioner, but, a nice throw in. If I wasn't so lazy to carry around a rack mounted rig, I would still be using it.

alanolynn likes this.
  5. alanolynn

alanolynn

Aug 19, 2012
    NNY
    I've never had a conditioner before. Not sure I would have sought one out if didn't come with one. Pretty setup though. Those cases can be darn expensive on their own!

6. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    Iirc, I put the BX1500 in a short depth rack unit. Cut down on the weight and made the schlepp a little easier.

cheechi and alanolynn like this.
  7. alanolynn

alanolynn

Aug 19, 2012
    NNY
    I did notice that it's a bit shallower than I originally assumed. If the right one comes along, I'll be sure to snag it.

8. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Dump the conditioner. All it is is a glorified power bar.

9. alanolynn

alanolynn

Aug 19, 2012
    NNY
    Yes, one that no one else is allowed to/able to, use! ...the concept is growing on me.

10. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I really like my BX500. Carvin did good on that series.

ERIC31, smogg, StargazerMP and 3 others like this.
  11. 39-Bassist

39-Bassist

Jul 7, 2010
    Florida
    Endorsing Artist for: Brace Audio; Duncan Pickups; Line6, Hipshot, GHS Strings, Somnium Guitars
    I REALLY miss my BX1500....I ran it through a SWR Megoliath (8x10) split cabbed and WOW I really miss that tone.
    Great pickup!
    Have fun. Remember the only real problem they MAY ever have is the flat ribbon cable inside may loosen and get dirty contacts. So just spray cleaner and reinsert ribbon and rock on!
    Of course you already know that..

alanolynn likes this.
  12. alanolynn

alanolynn

Aug 19, 2012
    NNY
    That's what I've been seeing. Luckily, it's easy enough to get to. The fella I got it from was powering an Ampeg 810E, and said it definitely fit the bill. I imagine that Megoliath blew people away! Always enjoy SWR cabs; I'm never letting go of my Henry, and with this head, I could power 4 of em! bwahahahahahahaha

Saetia and The Nameless like this.
  13. 39-Bassist

39-Bassist

Jul 7, 2010
    Florida
    Endorsing Artist for: Brace Audio; Duncan Pickups; Line6, Hipshot, GHS Strings, Somnium Guitars
    You can see the cab and head in my bands video if you wanted to check it out.

14. mattj1stc

mattj1stc Gold Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Dallas, TX USA
    I still have and use my Carvin BX1200. Great amps

alanolynn likes this.
  15. Those are great amps, the built in compressors are excellent ime.

I'm pretty sure if the port where you plug the power cord into is blue in color it's revised and won't have the ribbon issue, if it's black, you may need to check it out

16. alanolynn

alanolynn

Aug 19, 2012
    NNY
    Thanks for that!

I'll check as soon as I'm home.

17. TheReceder

TheReceder

Jul 12, 2010
    Mn.
    Love mine. Had a band where the guitarist wanted to get into a volume war. I won't say I won... but eventually the keys called us both idiots and told us to turn down.

The biggest difference was that I knew I was being stupid. Great amp.

18. alanolynn

alanolynn

Aug 19, 2012
    NNY
    Best story of the day. Kudos.

TheReceder likes this.
  19. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

:roflmao:

:thumbsup:

alanolynn likes this.
  20. mikewalker

mikewalker Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    I'm a big fan of this series, have the 200/250W combo as well as a BX500. Great sounding FET frontend/Comp/EQs in those :thumbsup::thumbsup:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021