1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD - Fender content

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gravedigger Dav, Dec 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Just picked up a new Fender Bassman 500 hybrid and the neo 115 to go with it. Got a really good price and 48 month no interest financing.
    Well, I don't have pics. It is still in the back of the truck, so according to TB rules I don't really have it until I get it home and take some pics.

Crusher47, Ampslut, lazycat93 and 3 others like this.
  2. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Congratulations on a fine acquisition! drool

3. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    It's TB's fault. Somebody posted a link for a demo that gave me a serious GAS attack. I don't know if the single 115 will be enough, but I could always pair my rumble 2x10 with it.

jwindham and Linnin like this.
  4. RColie

RColie Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I'll be very interested to hear what you think of the neo 115 as compared to your Rumble. I know @rodl2005 really likes his. I don't know if you have an easy way to weigh the cabinet, but I'd be curious about the weight. My understanding is that they originally came in at less than 45 pounds but now they're in the mid 50s after changing the wood, which might be a bit more than I'm willing to carry.

Thanks,

Bob

5. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I haven't weighed it, but the specs say 45 lbs. Lifting into the truck, it feels a bit heavy. I used it at band practice last night and it sounded really good. The amp really has more of a tube sound than the Rumble. It's really easy to get the grind without even using the OD channel.

PotsdamBass8 and RColie like this.
  6. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Pic as promised. Now I officially own this amp.
    Bassman500.

deathness, tat2clod, pcake and 9 others like this.
  7. PotsdamBass8

PotsdamBass8 Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    That's the exact question I've been wondering about. From the demos I've heard, it sounded like the vintage channel has some saturation in it. So if you crank the gain that will come out more?

The overdrive channel sounded good too, but I liked the vintage more and though it would be great if you could get it to grind or even run the overdrive back into the vintage.

8. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I haven't had time to experiment with it much yet, but based on reading the manual (yes, I actually do that. My wife says manuals are to determine what went wrong), you would use the OD channel and blend in the vintage channel using the blend button. But I can't give you any first hand experience, yet.

9. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I like it so far from one night of practice. As to weight, I tried weighing it this morning, but with nothing more than a bathroom scale to work with, I couldn't get a consistent reading. I got everything from 52 to 59.
    But, they do need to update their marketing material. It still claims 46. It is definitely heavier than that. It is about at the top of my personal limit.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  10. RColie

RColie Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Thanks for checking on the weight...it's as I suspected. In any event, enjoy your new rig!

Bob

Gravedigger Dav likes this.
  11. I keep telling people that bathroom scales are not accurate, but TBH I can't think of an alternative for something that heavy.

12. No you kain't n blend the 2 channels but you can blend the clean sound with a drive sound in the drive channel. ... like the Super Bassman-- the drive channel can be used totally clean.
    -- I use the vintagechannel 90% of the time, & yes, it does seem like theres some saturation in it mostly. . Whatever it's a beautiful thing

Down_Low likes this.
  13. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Now, this is interesting. Saturday, I went to a different GC and they also had a 1x15. I haven't weighed it, but it is obviously lighter than the first one. But, at least I have a full stack now. Gigging it Friday.

Bill Whitehurst and RColie like this.
  14. Where are ya gigging it Friday?

15. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Towers Tap House in Little Elm. 9 - 1.

16. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Both have casters. It is a significant enough difference I could tell without weighing.
    I do have a way to get a good weight. Soon as I have the time, I'll go to my vet's office and use his scale he uses for weighing animals. It has a big enough platform to put the cab on.

17. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie Supporting Member

I keep telling myself that my bathroom scale must be that inaccurate every time I step on it...

18. Hey Dav, I wanted to come see you, but due to health issues I won't be getting out much for a while.

19. Gravedigger Dav

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Sorry to hear that. Hope you get better soon.

rodl2005 likes this.