1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NAD: Fender Super Bassman

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by theLibrarian, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Have not had much time to fiddle with it, but so far I can't make it sound bad. My challenge is balancing the eq with higher volumes (read: turn the bass down) to avoid overdriving my cabinet.

Picture shows the head atop my fEARful 15/6 tube, which I built with this very head in mind! :hyper:

I have already embarked on a 1515/66 build and am very much anticipating the sound of them together.

[​IMG]

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Looks phenomenal!! I'm local to P-Town... Where do you live? Ya know, in-case I wanna drop by and steal... Uh, I mean try out your amp?? :D

Seriously, nice amp and cab!

-robert

3. Thanks Robert! I live in St. Johns but the head lives at an undisclosed rehearsal location ;)

4. negativefx

negativefx complete hack

Feb 18, 2013
    Fort Collins
    Nice, I went in the opposite order. Bought the Super Bassman, flatpack for a 15/6 tube shipped this morning. Careful with that footswitch... I'm very easy on my gear and broke that flimsy little thing in no time. Built a solid one out of a mini pedal enclosure (1590A if you know what that is...) and it's been doing just fine. The standard 1 button fender stomps that they bundle with their guitar amps work fine too and are $25 on amazon and much higher quality than the one included with the Bassman. Also, Bass Gear has a great in depth article on the EQ of the amp: http://btpub.boyd-printing.com/publication/?i=143796

5. :hyper: Groovy, Baby! :hyper:

6. Thanks for that eq link negativefx!