1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD!!! GK-Aguilar content

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by patzilla83, Jul 26, 2018.

1. patzilla83

patzilla83 Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2004
    Pflugerville, TX
    This is a big deal for me. I haven’t had a real rig for 3 years because my previous cab, an Ampeg 810, was stolen. In March I found an original GK 400RB on reverb.com for less than $200 and I talked my amazing wife into letting me spend my own money on it. Fast forward to earlier this month, she asks if I’d want a cabinet for my 35th birthday. Remember I said she was amazing? We agree on a budget of $500-600 and I start the search. I knew I just wanted something small, since I’m only practicing at home right now. I’m thinking a 1x12 would be perfect. I see that Chicago Music Exchange had the DB 112NT for $599, plus free 2 day shipping. I’ve previously owned an Aguilar GS 112 and always regretted selling it, and I’ve read the the DBs are more “classic” sounding, which is right up my alley. Also, I’ve never used a tweeter in my life, always turn them down or off. So, I feel like this is a safe bet and order without playing through it.

Well, it showed up yesterday and I couldn’t be happier. They really sound great together and when I add my Vulcan XL into the mix it’s even better.

TL;DR - I got a new amp and I like it. Here’s a pic, I’m gonna go play now.

Attached Files:

johnpbass likes this.
  2. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    Congratulations. New toys are always fun.

patzilla83 likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 23, 2021