NAD - Hartke LH500 and Hydrive 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rawmouth, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Rawmouth

Rawmouth

Jun 21, 2017
    Perth, Australia
    Recently put up a post here about what I should do here:

First Bass amp - Help needed!!

Went with the second hand LH500 and Hydrive 410.

Super stoked with it and hopefully use it in a jam session in the next week or so!

Only messed around with it for like 20 mins at respectable levels but seems really responsive and clean so basically a blank canvas for my soon to be a problem pedal addiction...

Did I say I was stoked?

2. craigie

craigie

Nov 11, 2015
    calgary
    Nice choice! I had an LH500 before and felt it would be a great pedal platform. Does that hydrive cabinet have aluminum cones? I remember when they came out and I heard a bassist live that had horrible trebly tone so I formed a bad opinion because of one guys bad EQ choices. I have since read very positive things about those aluminum speakers.

3. Rawmouth

Rawmouth

Jun 21, 2017
    Perth, Australia
    It's the cabinet with the aluminium and paper mixed cones. Seems full bodied but still punchy. Haven't played too much as my wife is studying so have be stealthy. Can't wait to set it free this week

craigie likes this.
  4. I think that's the best Hartke cabinet ever made.
    I really love it.
    And I really love the LH500/1000, even with the strange Fender Tone Stack in the eq. section. (remember that "flat" is mids all the way up and bass and treble at 2). Anyway, I tried one with a VT Bass pedal and it sounded amazing!

Rawmouth likes this.
  5. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Hartke for the win. The very best bass amps for the money ever!!! Okay maybe I am a Fanboy but still.... Love Hartke. I am always on the lookout for a Peavey Firebass 700 too.

Rawmouth likes this.
  6. craigie

craigie

Nov 11, 2015
    calgary
    I forgot about that tone stack. I had the mids cranked full even before I read about why.

Sauron_ and Rawmouth like this.
  7. bassstrangler

bassstrangler

Mar 2, 2015
    AZ
    You should know by now... pics or it didn't happen!

I would like to see it! I guess I could find a picture elsewhere.

SpanishDave and Spectre1966 like this.
  8. Rawmouth

Rawmouth

Jun 21, 2017
    Perth, Australia
    Alright alright

New Rig

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021