1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NAD! Ibanez Promethean P3110

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ebonalley, Mar 30, 2013.

1. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    Picked this up as a scratch and dent for $250. There is quite a bit of discussion on the forum about "practice amps" "small gig amps" etc. I decided to pick out an amp for playing with, and without drums. This fills the "without drums" category well. Just got together to jam with some buddies in their living room and it fit the bill perfectly. Does it have amazing lows on the B-string? No, but it allows you to create a respectable tone that can be heard while jamming with others in an intimate venue. Another strong point is the ergonomics. The recessed handle is great to grab and go. I also love the built in kick-stand. I only wish it had a built in tuner. On another note, I had previously picked up the MB112 however, I found it too large and I also got sick of waiting for the MB110.

Features
    300W combo
    10" sub HF dome tweeter with passive crossover
    3-band EQ
    Phat control
    High-quality peak limiting circuit
    Auxiliary input (1/8")
    Balanced line out (XLR)
    23 lbs. on my scale

IMG_4889_zpsd3e8439b.
    IMG_4899_zps6f7f8f7a.

nixdad likes this.
  2. 5port

5port

Oct 14, 2009
    LI,new yawk
    Nice grab for that price. I like the form factor of the P3110. Very thoughful design. I have the P3115 which is the same amp section. With the 15" it sits well in the mix. One advantage of the P3110 is the external speaker jack. I've giged my 3115 a few times now in small bars with no problems. Enjoy it.

PS: my favorite feature is the PHAT control :)

3. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Looks great. Small question : Can you plug in effects at the Prometheans? Never saw a plug in for them...

4. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    There is not a designated input for effects. I don't use effects however, I imagine that you could plug them right into the main input.

5. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    I guess that could work too :p

I wish you all the best and a lot of fun with this amp!