NAD (Markbass love)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bigchad64, Jul 7, 2019.

1. I’ve enjoyed playing Markbass rigs in the local GC for years and recently started down the road of procuring my own little yellow piece of joy. 2 separate purchases off Craigslist over the past month: Little Mark II with rack ears and rack, then on the 4th picked up an as-new 102 traveler cab. Received a new speakon cable from amazon today and plugged her in. I loooove the tone I get out of it. I’ve had Ampeg combos (which I did like), full 1,000,000 lbs fender and peavey rigs.... but this is the most fun I’ve had plugging into a setup that lives in my house.

It’s light, and I purchased it all at great prices.

2BE4198F-41B0-41B0-946B-1DD08C56641D.jpeg

Mertle72, scottm, TrevorG and 3 others like this.
  2. twinfallsbass

twinfallsbass Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Somewhere in AZ
    The LMII will go down as one of the best ( not the best, but up there ). It started the whole light weight micro craze, it was many, including my go to head. After all these years, this head still impresses people. Congrats on the purchase!

3. Enjoy your new rig man!

I've been playing the same 210 combo and 210 extension cab for over 10 years now with zero issues.

And contrary to the TB experience , nobody has ever commented on the colors! ;)

4. Brilliant 210 rig. Personally I would remove the Markbass name plate and replace it on the grill at 90 degrees so the cab looks correct in vertical orientation. Next I'd lose the rack ears and rack case, placing the LM2 on top of the cab for a smaller footprint overall. Your solution definitely works better as a coffee table however!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    bigchad64 likes this.
  5. TrevorG

TrevorG Gold Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2012
    U.K.
    When I'm away with work I miss my 102p almost as much as my children. Got it on top of a K1 but will get a small amp to use it with for small gigs.

bigchad64 likes this.
  6. scottm

scottm Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2005
    Virginia
    Congratulations, that’s a great setup!
    I’ve been playing MB stuff for about 10 years and it has all been really reliable and always sounded great.

-ScottM

bigchad64 likes this.
  7. Hundred proof

Hundred proof

Apr 22, 2018
    This MB II rig has been flogged rentlessly for years, with never a whimper or complaint the cab is a 1x15 with an Eminence 2515 II 8 ohm neo driver.

72DAFD99-BE98-44F0-A3CE-55F4DAAD4CE8.jpeg

bigchad64 and scottm like this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021