NAD - My minimalistic setup

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by el murdoque, Dec 27, 2017.

1. el murdoque

el murdoque

Mar 10, 2013
    Germany
    IMG_20171227_115730.jpg I think that with what I found sitting on my doorstep this morning, my minimalism has reached a new height.

I pulled apart my big pedalboard recently to set up a new order of pedals and while in the middle of the process, I realized I had to leave for band rehearsal in a few minutes. So I took out my PT Nano and slapped on the bare essentials. I liked the snug fit so much I left it for a bit, even played it out on a gig.

The barefaced Super Compact arrived just before Christmas. I gigged it once so far and it was just beautiful. It replaced an aguilar GS212 which is more than three times its weight.

The new addition is the GSS Baby Sumo poweramp sitting on top. 600W of class D, one plug for the speaker, one for the power, one on/off switch and one pot for volume.

P_Robyn, kevk, nixdad and 9 others like this.
  2. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    I feel like I'm looking at the future...

el murdoque likes this.
  3. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Clip tuner, and then a whole new world is opened up on that Nano. :)

4. el murdoque

el murdoque

Mar 10, 2013
    Germany
    I did think about that. But
    a) I had no Idea what pedal to put there and
    and b) the tuner doubles as the mute switch.

vivaknoxvegas likes this.
  5. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    I just brought you into my evil pedal board filling mind, sorry. Having a mute is a valuable tool though, so I like your logic there.

6. el murdoque

el murdoque

Mar 10, 2013
    Germany
    I'd like to swap the SA PBDDI against the deluxe, though. It'd be nice to put the reverb into the FX loop.
    Maybe a nano+ would accommodate that.