1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD: New Amp Day!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lo-E, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Lo-E

Lo-E

Dec 19, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    B-15!

I've wanted a B-15 for a really long time.

Yesterday, a friend of a friend sold me his 1966 Ampeg B-15Nf and I'm stoked!

No pics yet (yeah, I know... no pics, no amp), but it's in decent cosmetic shape with just a couple of small tolex rips on the back, some dust ground into the blue checkerboard, and a little bit of paint rubbed off of the tube cage. No rust or pitting anywhere. The original dolly is in place, with one chewed up caster (still round, just ugly) and the strap handle has seen better days.

It's 100% stock, including the original caps and ungrounded cord. Amazingly enough, it's quiet as a mouse even with the original filter caps. I'll more than likely replace the mains cord with a grounded one since dying isn't really on my hot list of things to do. The original CTS speaker with the big ol' square magnet seems to be in perfect shape.

The B-15Nf is the first model that used a printed circuit board and fixed bias for the power tubes. I haven't played enough of these to know how the bias change affects the tone (although I can take a pretty good guess). I really haven't had much time to play with it yet, but I plan to use it mostly at home for practice so it'll be getting plenty of play time soon enough.

Woot!

Pics as soon as I get a chance-
    E

2. Congrats. Can't wait to see it ;p