1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD: Orange Crush 100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mattattack187, May 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mattattack187

mattattack187 Bass Enthusiast Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Ellsworth, ME
    IMG_0243.JPG

Wanted to down size my rig, so I did. Small amp, tons of punch. Sounds good through the speaker, sounds good direct. Blend/Gain is a cool feature but for the most part I keep it clean. Traded up a Hartke Hydrive 112 to put towards this.

2. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    How is this amp doing a few months later? I'm thinking about getting one for playing at home when I don't want to wire up my gigging rig. I find that a lot of combos have a very limited EQ and don't sound like "real" amps at all. Does this combo have that problem?

3. mattattack187

Feb 2, 2012
    Ellsworth, ME
    Don't mistake this combo, with a DI you can definitely use this as a live gig amp. This amp offers plenty of volume and the EQ is great. Parametric Midrange is a great tool and the distortion circuit is pretty cool as well. Wish I played out more so I could push it more than I am now.

socialleper likes this.
  4. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    Do you find the drive circuit useful? What about the blend? In some of the web clips I've heard it sounds like it might have that common problem where it is just two sounds laying on top of each other.

5. mattattack187

Feb 2, 2012
    Ellsworth, ME
    The drive sounds a lot better through the speakers than it does my headphone setup. Similar to a Bi-Amp.