1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD - Peavey Max-115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HillBillyWannaB, Jan 3, 2013.

1. FINALLY traded in my 'ol boat anchor (old 80's Peavey Combo 300). It was a great amp, and served me well for a long time, but I'm sick of lugging it around. It weighs as much as a VW Bug. I did tons of research, looked at a lot of new and used stuff from GK, Ampeg, Peavey, Hartke, etc. Finally decided on this one, way more bang for the buck. This is the new 300w version. Played one in the store for a while and it thumps. I was blown away by the 200w 112 combo they have, but I wanted the extra head room for outdoor/larger clubs. Got one new in the box from GC AND they gave me $100 for my old combo 300 which I was happy with (had no strips or badges on the speaker cover and was pretty banged up, although it still sounds great).

Anyway, got one new in a box (which I haven't even taken out yet). I'll post more info once I get it opened up and plugged in. Found very little info on here, or anywhere on these new combos, so I'm hoping to offer some insight for anyone interested in it.

I'll keep you posted, this is the amp I got... http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Max-115-II-1x15-300-W-Bass-Combo-Amp-108265794-i2665691.gc

Between the trade on my old 300, the 12% off they have and my christmas gift cards, it cost me almost nothing out of pocket.

2. rtharris

rtharris

Oct 22, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I purchased a Max 115 at Guitar Center Hollywood, after demo'ing the unit at the Peavey showroom across the street. Peavey wouldn't sell one and set up the sale at GC. I used the unit on a standards gig with my upright, and dug the sound. Used it the next day with a Precision, on a Blues gig, and dug the sound for that also. I like the layout of the controls on the top-front of the combo. It is the easiest and most logical layout. The amp has enough Whump to play with a blues band. Quite happy with this 40 lb amp. BTW I own Ampeg B-15, B-12, GK 800-RB, Eden Traveller 300, SWR Workingman's 15, SWR Strawberry Blond.

Doctor Intrepid likes this.
  3. mattm

mattm

Apr 7, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Awesome, I've been trying to see what the deal is with this new generation of Peaveys. Sounds pretty good so far.

One_Dude likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021