NAD Rumble 25

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Playbyear, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Playbyear

Playbyear

Nov 20, 2019
    MA
    I haven’t bought any gear since 2020, but I needed a small amp to leave at a friends house for a weekly jam. We don’t use vocal mics or a drummer. Just low volume electric.
    The amp I’d used there for many years died.
    I was playing thought the hosts Roland cube 30 Guitar amp. Although it has a sealed back, I was afraid of blowing the speaker and had to play with a thin tone or the speaker would fart.

So I didn’t want to spend much. I just needed a pleasing tone and no worries. This little guy seems to fit the job. It sounds like a bass amp and goes more than loud enough for the purpose. It’s light and... kinda cute.
    I’m not too crazy about the overdrive or contour buttons, but it’s good with just the three band.

It was local (used) and fairly priced ... so behold the wonder of it... lol

04A3D8B2-D42E-429A-BD38-0A5384EC720B.jpeg

2. Playbyear

Playbyear

Nov 20, 2019
    MA
    The “road test” was last Thursday.

I played a P clone with “half-rounds” through the Rumble 25
    Just myself and two guitar players with tube amps. The style of music is various “Americana”

All three of us were more than pleased with the Rumble 25. It sounded great at the volumes we play (not too loud). It has a nice tone that blends well with the guitars. Surprisingly good for a small inexpensive amp.

It’s always nice when something exceeds expectations.

WRM and tindrum like this.
  3. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Congrats on your new Rumble 25! When you have a moment, stop by the Rumble Club to get your club number!

4. bigdaddybass12

bigdaddybass12

Feb 26, 2021
    Actually a pretty good practice amp. I had one, had to have a bigger practice amp, sold it bought a Ampeg BA110V2, wish I got a Rumble 40 instead, or kept the 25!

tindrum likes this.
  5. Playbyear

Playbyear

Nov 20, 2019
    MA
    I’m liking it even more the second weeks jam. A full rich sound from that little amp.

tindrum likes this.