1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD! Sort of.... Just a little FYI.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bordinco90, Jan 4, 2018.

1. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    I posted a while back about my new Hartke Kickback 15 having a speaker rattle. I love the amp so much that I bought a replacement speaker for the combo. I put in a Eminence Legend CB158 speaker in it and now the amp really rocks! No more rattle and it really sounds better than the stock speaker. The Emi makes the Hartke stock speaker look like a POS lol. It's way better made and feels nice and solid. Anyone looking to replace the speaker in their kickback 15, I would go with this one. It adds weight to the combo, about 5lbs or so, but it sounds great. I also got a Bugera BXD15A as a backup to the Hartke. It also sounds great as well. Here are some pics of the updated Hartke and the Bugera:

IMG_20180104_044919.
    IMG_20180104_044906.
    IMG_20180103_164136.

BadExample, murphy and Stumbo like this.
  2. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Let me know what you think!

murphy likes this.
  3. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
    Always good to hear success stories rig replacement speakers. Cool!:thumbsup:

4. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I think I would like to know how it sounds...improvements and if anything is lacking now/
    how much were the new drivers?

5. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    It looks just fine.

Edit: misread, now I see "speaker" in the POS statement. Still, the rig looks nice.

6. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    Thanks!

7. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    The Eminence speaker adds more bass response. It has an overall fuller sound than the Hartke speaker. I would say the mids are brought out more with this speaker as well. It sounds way better IMO. The Eminence speaker was $130.

murphy likes this.