1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD: SWR and TC Electronics

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Barisaxman, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Barisaxman

Barisaxman Gold Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    I mentioned I was planning to pick this up in another thread, but I thought I'd share a pic of my new rig. SWR Headlite and TC Electronics RH212. Big smooth sound...I'm digging it so far. My old Carvin rig was nice (BX600 and BR410), but this is everything I wanted it to be, in a much smaller footprint. :hyper:

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    cute little rig, but what do your nads have to do with it?

;)

3. It's his new acoustic dimension?

4. mhduffl

mhduffl

Nov 27, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Hi,

Congratulation......

Have you tried SWR Headlite vs RH 450 and SWR golight vs RS 210/212???
    What is your combination different in sound to i) SWR headlite/golight and ii)TC RH/RS combos??

Thanks.

5. Barisaxman

Barisaxman Gold Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    Well, they DO say men tend to compensate...so if the rig is small...the nads... ;)

I did play the SWR with the golight cabs...and they did have a nice sound. A couple things about the golight's: 1: I don't like carpet covered cabinets, and 2: they don't have a golight with 12" drivers. I didn't actually play the RH450, even though it was available, the extra $300 in the price put me over budget (and considering I got the Headlite for $600, it would have been $400 more). The RH212 is an amazing sounding cabinet, nice deep lows and sounds very smooth. When it to some Mesa Boogie and Eden cabs, there was a very distinct difference in sound. The 212 is small enough to easily move around, and had enough driver surface to really move some air. I wouldn't hesitate to gig without PA support with this "little" rig. I do play country/oldies/classic/modern rock and nothing too heavy, so rediculous volume is not necessary, but at the same time I doubt I'll ever have to push it too hard.

6. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    Very cool rig; the mini rig that ain't. :D
    Congrats!

7. mhduffl

mhduffl

Nov 27, 2008
    Hong Kong
    I did play the SWR with the golight cabs...and they did have a nice sound. A couple things about the golight's: 1: I don't like carpet covered cabinets, and 2: they don't have a golight with 12" drivers. I didn't actually play the RH450, even though it was available, the extra $300 in the price put me over budget (and considering I got the Headlite for $600, it would have been $400 more). The RH212 is an amazing sounding cabinet, nice deep lows and sounds very smooth. When it to some Mesa Boogie and Eden cabs, there was a very distinct difference in sound. The 212 is small enough to easily move around, and had enough driver surface to really move some air. I wouldn't hesitate to gig without PA support with this "little" rig. I do play country/oldies/classic/modern rock and nothing too heavy, so rediculous volume is not necessary, but at the same time I doubt I'll ever have to push it too hard.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.
    I do like SWR sound (I am playing) and a I will likely to test the TC, I hope I can feel your commend very soon.

8. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Very nice rig!
    That will be my next cab.

9. Thought I might give this a little bumpy as I have been really impressed with the sound of these little boxes, but am wondering if the build quality is up there, ie. are they still holding together, remaining cool at 4 ohms etc etc.

Cheers!