1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD! Tech 21 Landmark 300 well it's still in the car but you get the idea!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BrentSimons, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Hey Guys,
    I've wanted to try one of these out for awhile now. I finally picked up a brand new one at a great price. I don't have the foot switch for it yet but I wanted to tweak it a little before I dropped some more cash. I can't wait to try it out!
    Take care,
    Brent

Attached Files:

2. High Camp

High Camp

Oct 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    well it's still in the car but you get the idea!

I Like your excitement!!!

3. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    What cabinets will you use? Have you fired it up, yet?:hyper:

4. I'll be using a GK Neo 112 or an Ampeg B-15T. No, still at work unfortunately.

5. Hey Guys,
    I need to do some more experimenting but me likey this amp. :)
    The low end is completely different than my GK400RBIV. The GK is more of a punch where the Landmark is more of a warmer, tubeish low end? I guess that makes sense since that's what the amp is trying to simulate. Like duh? ;) But I like it. I ended up turning the tweeter completely off on my GK Neo, that helped tame some of the high end. I'm finding that the amp has more headroom or has a more subtle overdrive than the Sansamp Bass Driver. Even with the gain boost engaged or I haven't played with it enough. As most will agree I wish Tech 21 would have included the 3 button footswitch and rack ears, but it seems really well made, the fan is really quiet as is the amp (my GK has some always on hum) and the 21 pounds doesn't bother me. I think my GK is 16 or 18 pounds if I recall. I'm still playing around with different settings with the blend knob but so far so good. you just need to find that sweet spot where it's not taking too much of the mids out. Any other Landmark owners want to chime in?
    Take care,
    Brent

woodyng likes this.
  6. woodyng

woodyng

Dec 19, 2007
    Oregon coast
    I've owned one for a couple years now. It has a great tube-like warmth to it's sound,and the tonal combinations you can get using the footswitch's "mix" button are like playing through 2 amps simultaneously,a seriously cool feature. I bought it as a back up to my Markbass combo,but have actually not used it that much,as i have to schlep my gear to 2 different practice rooms weekly,and prefer to lug the combo,instead of the amp and a cab. It isn't getting used much,so it's on the 'bay......