NAD Trace Elliot Head and Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jlepre, May 10, 2019.

1. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    I just picked up the Elf, and 2X8 Cab used, and wow! This thing really has some power!
    I intend to use it mostly for rehearsals with my cover trio, and some small room gigs. I can't get over how small and light these are! I will try to report back in a few weeks with my findings in a band situation.
    View attachment 3415918 View attachment 3415920

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    GuitarJay and Red Planet like this.
  2. By all reports it comes alive with the 2nd cab and hits another gear with a bigger amp.

jlepre likes this.
  3. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi jlepre :)

It' s green and loud!!!! (must be a TE :D)

Happy NBD!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

may the bass be with you

Wise(b)ass

jlepre likes this.
  4. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Well I have my Genzler MG800...so another cab may be in my future.

5. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    My rig for the gig tonight. Baby steps...and it sounded pretty good. Not as punchy as my Genzler MG800...but definitely serviceable. Next up is rehearsal with the whole Elf rig.

20190511_223317.jpg

6. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the 2x8 Elf cab gave more than the Uber 12 thing with the limited Elf amp output.

7. klejst

klejst Guest

Oct 5, 2010
    Nice, I have always been curious about those Elf amps myself. Congrats on the new setup though!

jlepre likes this.
  8. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    So you're suggesting that I pair the Genzler MG800 with the Elf 2x8?

9. You certainly could, minding not to blow it, but that wasn't what I meant. I am curious how the loudness of that rig pictured compared with the Elf combo.

10. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Ahhhh ok. That may be a few weeks. The next gigs are sub gigs and I can't chance anything.

11. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    ***UPDATE***
    I used the rig at rehearsal last night with 2 guitars, keys, and drums, and it didn't break a sweat. It sounded full and punchy! Next will be a gig. Maybe this weekend.

Heavy Blue likes this.
  12. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    NEWSFLASH!!
    I used the little rig on an actual gig with my cover trio, and it passed with flying colors. The room was roughly 50' square, and without FOH support I was able to fill the room. We rock out pretty good, and it kept up very nicely.

palmann and GuitarJay like this.