1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NAD vintage Yamaha b100 II with matching cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jloftin1, Mar 11, 2013.

1. jloftin1

jloftin1

Aug 7, 2009
    Carrollton, Ga
    Hi I just purchased this amp today and am really digging the vintage tone of this thing. I cannot seem to find any information about the matching 110 cabs that it came with.
    Anyway just hoping someone can shed some light for me. Thanks for looking.

image.

2. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Those aren't bass cabinets. The amp was marketed with a 1x15 cabinet with a reflex horn (VERY similar to the Music Man cabinets of the era). Those look like PA cabinets.

Jobn

3. Those old Yammie's are nice pieces of kit. I have a G100 210, which is the guitar version of that. They amps all top out at 100 watts RMS @ 8 ohms but Yamaha gets more power out of them by running them into 4 and 2 ohm loads. Check your speakers and how they are wired to get a handle on what your amp is actually pushing out.

Happy New Amp Day!

4. jloftin1

jloftin1

Aug 7, 2009
    Carrollton, Ga
    Well, that makes a lot of sense then. :meh: they do sound quite good though. The colors and everything just matched perfectly I thought surely they went together. Oh well. Still sounds really good though and surprisingly loud.

5. jloftin1

jloftin1

Aug 7, 2009
    Carrollton, Ga
    Thanks! Ill have to do some research and find out about cab wiring then. I can wire up a bass but I am clueless on amps and cabs.