NAD - Warwick Gnome

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gustopher, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Gustopher

Gustopher

Jul 30, 2018
    Howdy all! Decided I wanted to try a different amp and since I loved the ELF I had before I thought I’d try the Gnome! This little guy is great! Weighs about 2 lbs and as you can see from the pic, it’s tiny like the ELF. Feels very sturdy and the knobs turn tightly (feel good). It sounds very good, nice and thumpy and loud as I’ll ever need. It’s a nice clean sound, not extremely colored and really lets me hear the basses I’ve played through it. Haven’t used the DI yet but I’ll find out about that at the next gig. I’m very pleased and this will be very easy to transport, I use PA support at all gigs and my amp only ever needs to provide stage sound so this at 200watts @4ohms will be exactly right for my needs.
    C64231C7-87AD-4C57-881B-48DDFF1B0864.jpeg

eude, Kitsapbass, StevieMac and 3 others like this.
  2. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Nice report. I've been curious about these little amps.

3. twinfallsbass

twinfallsbass Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Arizona
    Nice little amp you got there! I’ve had an Elf and really liked it! So Trace Elliot has the “ Elf “, Warwick has the “ Gnome “ will Mesa develop a similar amp and call it the “ Sprite “? LOL

tindrum and musicman556 like this.
  4. Aloe

Aloe

Apr 10, 2016
    Ukraine
    now waiting for a MarkBass Troll.

OP, did you have a chance to play A/B Warwick amps before? if yes, does a Gnome share some sonic characteristics with them? or it's more like Elf and TC BAM200?