1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 2saddleslab, Jan 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    New Ampeg day, that is. After a recent cab recovery [A Little Back To The Future, Ampeg Style.........] I was inspired to consider a new amp. Been years since I played thru an Ampeg and was intrigued by the PF800. So after some research I gave it a shot.
    thumb_P1280015_1024_zpsjetcyttt.

Although last nights gig did not allow for full throttle I was able to easily produce exactly what I wanted out of the PF800. Very easy to adjust to the room quickly. Looking forward to the next gig which will be the real test. As of now I'm feeling confident.
    Pros:
    -compact, even though it's not the smallest or lightest
    -power, seemed to have more than enough
    -simple straighforward EQ layout
    -looks perfect with this cab

Cons:
    -really nitpicking here but it would have been great to have the Ampeg logo cutout w/ the blue light behind it. A boy can dream.

I read the Ampeg carry bag didn't provide the best protection and just happened to have a spare briefcase available which fit the PF800 like a glove.
    thumb_P1280031_1024_zps6yvvavtd.

More than enough padding plus plenty of room for the cables.
    thumb_P1280034_1024_zps6mizkpyq.

The handle sleeve on the back makes it was to transport as well [btw, the cab cover is on it's way].
    thumb_P1280037_1024_zpsbryxeskl.

2. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    That does look great with your recovered cab . I love my PF800 , very easy to get the sound I want . Congrats !

2saddleslab likes this.
  3. Nice! :)
    I really like those older PF cabs. Unfortunately I never seem to have any money when one pops up!
    Enjoy your new rig!
    Brent

2saddleslab likes this.
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    PF800 rocks. Enjoy!

2saddleslab likes this.