NAD

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Paulabass, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    Yesterday I posted that while shopping for a super lightweight combo I came across a nice Mesa Walkabout. I didn't buy it.
    I really was looking for something I could grab'n'go, and the Mesa was a real brute to move around. I could just use my head and one of my GK cabs.
    Tested my original plan- GK 1x12 combo. It was ok, but I was spoiled by the Mesa.
    Then I plugged in a Traynor SB112. 200watts to the 4ohm neo driver, in a 16"x16" cube 23 lb. cabinet. Finally a combo that uses ALL it's power to the internal speaker. If I need more cabs, I'll bring a bigger rig!
    Anyway- Love the sound. Like all Traynors, turn all the knobs to 12:00 and dial in with the contour control.
    This is noticeably louder than the GK, or the Mesa. It also has the 'even if you break it warranty', including blown drivers.
    Hey, eh! Made in Canada.

DSC_0002 (6).jpg

2. Signalsdrone

Signalsdrone

Feb 6, 2017
    SW Ontario
    I own the same combo. It sounds great and also tough enough to serve as my seat at limited space open jams. :D

3. Drifter_Bass

Drifter_Bass

Apr 5, 2017
    MPLS, MN
    Congrats on the new baby, er, AMP! I am looking for a smaller bedroom amp that could feasibly hold it's own in the studio or in smaller-ish venues and Traynor is at the top of that list!

4. Paulabass

Paulabass

Sep 18, 2017
    One thumbs down- RAT FUR.
    Once I'm sure I'm keeping it, I'll bedliner it.

5. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Congrats! Sounds like you made the right choice for your needs.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021