1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RootNoteRadical, Jun 3, 2012.

1. RootNoteRadical

RootNoteRadical

Dec 8, 2011
    Just picked up a brand new AMPEG SVT CLASSIC! Traded in a AMPEG 7PRO and a Fender P-bass, The 7PRO is a killer amp but it was time to move up. I have a 2005 AMPEG V4BH and A 64 B15N but they never prepared me for the kick in the face power and tone of the SVT! Been playin' for about 29 years and I don't think I'll look at another amp the same!

Attached Files:

2. f.c.geil

f.c.geil

May 12, 2011
    Sweet! That's my "someday" amp, right there. Like you, I love my 7Pro, but the SVT CL is where it's at!

3. RootNoteRadical

RootNoteRadical

Dec 8, 2011
    Man there is just so MUCH power in the SVT! It just hits you in the chest!

4. The SVT-CL is next on my GAS list. I bought my MM Sterling first, but once my overtime comes back, I will have one..

5. RootNoteRadical

RootNoteRadical

Dec 8, 2011
    You won't be disappointed!

6. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    sold mine 2 decades ago. nothing has come lose yet to the sound and FEEL..

7. RootNoteRadical

RootNoteRadical

Dec 8, 2011
    Not sure why I went through so many amps before this!

8. BigOkie

BigOkie

Nov 28, 2010
    Oklahoma City
    What do you think the most important component is, the head or the cabinet? Or, is it impossible to separate the two and still get the same effect? The reason I ask is is had this wild notion of getting an SVT cabinet for my Walkabout head. Too weird?

9. craig.p

craig.p

Sep 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Well, I'm about to pull the trigger on a new SVT cab that I plan on running off 1 side of a QSC RMX1450, fed by a BDDI, and based on my experience with that gear driving many non-SVT cabs, and with an SVT head and cab back in the '70s, I fully expect the same SVT amp + SVT cab effects WRT frequent unintentional voiding of large intestine contents into the Munsingwear. Maybe not quite as beefy -- because the BDDI's bass boost operates higher than the SVT's -- but I can always use my WTDI instead, which can generate hellatious bottom end.

10. RootNoteRadical

RootNoteRadical

Dec 8, 2011
    The 810e is a special cab and sounded good with my SVT 7PRO, sounds FANTASTIC with my Ampeg V4BH and sounds FANTASTIC with the new SVT. The SVT crushes with volume and authority - I LOVE IT!! Other amp set-ups I don't have any experience with.

11. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I've seen people match up the 810e to all manner of different heads so no problem there, but to me they never quite sound as good as an SVT rig without the SVT on top. Separately, the SVT and the 810e shine quite well, but nothing like when paired together.

Good call on getting a new one, RNR. The cabs are greatly improved since LOUD bought Ampeg. And I totally agree with you...the B-15N sounds wonderful and mine's a 64 too, but onstage, there is nothing that will blow an audience's head back like a good SVT rig.

12. Congrats to RNR- super rig. THE rig IMO. ;)

OKIE- I use my Walkabout often with my Berg NV412(sealed 412" no tweeter) & it sounds fantastic!! I've had more compliments on my tone with that rig than any other combination.
    I DON'T have an SVT amp (well I've a 7PRO but I'm talkin tubes) at the moment, but I used to own a SVTII NP. That sounded great too, but ppl are maybe amazed that such a huge tone comes outta the Walkabout, I dunno, but ppl come up & say things like - "Thats THE bass tone right there" etc.. when using that combo.
    I like it too & using it with a P with flats - :hyper:

13. RootNoteRadical

RootNoteRadical

Dec 8, 2011
    Thanks, Jimmy The rig really is KILLER! I have rented a SVT VR in the past but I think I prefer the classic. With this kind of TONE I could care less about the weight!