1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NAD_VHT Special Ultra 6Watt Tube Head + VHT 112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hellbastard, Mar 27, 2015.

1. I was in the market for a small (cheap) amp for home practice and none of the offers for bass caught my interest.

When I found this little guitar head I couldn't resist but order it and give it a try.
    It a 3/6 Watt head with a 6v6 power tube and 2 12AX7 preamp tubes.
    It's got a lot of nice features that can help you find a lot of different tones.
    One thing that called my attention was that the construction makes it very easy to modify. I

The 112 guitar cab sound surprisingly well with bass, the Low of my Bassline sound actually pretty decent at low gain and Low volume settings.

IMG_0989.

I made a couple of quick recordings to give you guys an idea of what this little head can do.
    - Shure SM57 right and the mic preamp on my RME Babyface
    Maybe I will take it to my rehearsal studio and use alongside my bass rig.

Let me know what do you guys think.
    I will see if I can take it to my rehearsal studio and try it with a bit more of volume. I can't really crank it up in my building without getting evicted :laugh: