1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Nady EO3 wireless IEM system w/four receivers

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by elgecko, Mar 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Price:
    $200
    EDIT: 3/31/16 Sold on Ebay

Nady EO3
    wireless IEM system with four (4) receivers.

Nady EO3 wireless in-ear monitor (IEM) system with two (2) Nady receivers (uses 1 9v battery) and two (2) Peavey receivers (uses 2 AA batteries). Channel AA (72.1 MHz). Also includes two (2) mono earbuds and four (4) 3.5mm stereo-to-mono adapters (necessary when using stereo earbuds, otherwise you'll only get sound in one side). The is a mono system, it only transmits and receives in mono!

WARNING: Do not buy these expecting studio quality. You WON'T get it!

That said, the system has been tested and works fine. The transmitter and one of the Nady receivers was purchased new years ago. The second Nady receiver was purchased used on Ebay. One of the Nady receivers had an issue with intermittent battery connection but it seems to have sorted itself out. If it pops up again, it should be easily remedied by bending the spring doohicky that holds the battery in place. The Peavey receivers were purchased new recently and have only been used once, if at all.

$200 shipped to the lower 48s OBO

Trade bait includes synth pedals, expression pedals, ultralight/compact cabinets, or a French bow. PM me with questions or offers. I've never sold anything on Talkbass but I have 100% feedback on Ebay as elgecko42 (since 1999).

20160307_150137. 20160307_150229.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  2. Jamvan

Jamvan The Bassist Formerly Known As Meh Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Minnesota
    PMd

3. Are these still available?

4. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    They sure are!

twocargar likes this.
  5. Thanks! I'm waiting to hear from my band mates to see if we want to buy.

Question, can you elaborate on the sound quality?

6. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    The main issue is that there's a constant mild hum. It's quite obvious when there are no sounds going through the system. Once the music starts, you don't really hear it. Aside from that, it does an admirable job of reproducing vocals. I'm not sure I'd run drums or bass through it. I've heard reports of that the receivers have onboard limiters that will cut the unit out above a certain threshold.

For the money, they're a decent alternative to schlepping around monitor speaker system.

twocargar likes this.