Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nady Power amps????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Razor, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Shows you how far outta the loop I am......I thought they only made wireless kits......

Anybody used/heard these amps by Nady? I don't figure there's much good to them considering the low price but wanted some opinions from anyone who has dealt with them.

2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
  3. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Correction, barely even touched.

I also wanna know about these, and one story from one user about one of the lower powered ones having not enough headroom doenst really tell us much, easpecially about the higher powered ones.

Anyone have info on these?

Peace
    Nick

4. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    yes and no... i have the hartke 7000, and running that at 350 watts at 4 ohms was much better than the 850 bridged from the nady. granted, i can't speak about the higher-powered models, but it was EXTREMELY lacking. it clips and shuts down very easily with everything at say, 10-11 oclock.

i would venture a guess that the higher powered ones are not that much better. it barely cuts it for vocals let alone a power sucking bass. by all means try one out, but i wouldn't go out and buy it unplayed (like i did). there are much better deals out there IMO. once again this falls into the good old you get what you pay for cliche. unfortunately these are not the avatars of the power amp world.

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    So all of this was when running with a propper load?

Just curious.

Peace
    Nick

6. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    yup, 4 ohms bridged. i checked their impedance with my dmm and both came out to (about 6) 8 ohms as they are spec'ed at. i even hooked the pa speakers up to my hartke to see the difference and the nady just doesn't cut it so i'm gonna keep it but for our monitors only.

7. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Nady's cheap monitors suck like a Hoover. Lifeless, inefficient and bulky. I can imagine what their cheap amps sound like...

8. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Cool..........as with most it is typical that the price equals the quality.
    I appreciate the contributions to the thread about these amp's.....I'll stay with Crown and QSC.

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Ditto 'cept Im thinkin Crown, QSC, and Stewart.

Peace
    Nick