Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nady Power Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gabu, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I bought a power amp today. I went with the QSC 850. It cost me $299. I was comparing it against the Nady SPA 1400. They were the same price but bridged Mono @ 4 ohms the Nady had 600 watts more than the QSC. HOWEVER...

Musiciansfriend.com was not able to tell me the difference between the spa and the za models of Nady, and they didn't know what the Warranty was for the Nady power amp either.

So I called Nady.

1st, they had no 800 number, not even for sales calls. So I am calling long distance.

2nd, they were really bothered by the fact that I called. They asked me three to four times why couldn't I look up this info on their web site.

3rd, they didn't know the difference between the two amps.

4th, they didn't know what the warranty was.

5th, they transfered me to their ONE tech support rep, who never returned my message.

... so ... I bought QSC. :D

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Sounds like a good move.

Tell me what you think of it. Ive been thinking about that amp, but was a bit unsure if it would do my D210XST justice.

Tell me how much headroom and volume you get from that.

Peace
    Nick

3. Ugh. Poo on that. Any company that doesn't have a passion for their products (I think Bob Lee being an active member of TB speaks volumes) shouldn't be considered for the smart consumer.

Thanks for the heads up Gabu.

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

I second Mister Nutts!!!