Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nady power amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dougray, May 24, 2003.

1. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    hi,i am possibly going all rack set-up,i am going to use the tech21 RBI with a power amp,i dont really need huge wattage,around 6-800 watts will be plenty,?, i was looking at amps bewtween the 100-300$ range and seen a Nady spa power amp for $199,its 800watts bridged at 4ohms,and if i need only 1 cabinet i can also bridge it at 8ohms.i just wanted some feedback,good deal or avoid,thanx.

2. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Hard to tell, really. If you look around, there are a lot of Chinese-made amplifiers out there with similar specs. Some, like QSC, Peavey, Crest and Yamaha(Taiwan), have well-known and respected companies behind them. They also have those companies' engineering in their design. Many say Behringer rips off other companies' R&D, thus lowering their cost to put an item into production. Honestly, I don't know because I'm not party to that sort of information. The Nady may work fine. If you can afford to look at it as 'disposable' gear, as many of us do with Behringer products, it may well be worth a go. If you need to rely on it, you may wish to go with a more proven amp.

Kim

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I would stay away from Nady P.A. gear...there is a reason they are that cheap.

4. Personator

Personator Guest

Mar 18, 2002
    Flemington NJ
    Im using a 600 watt Nady Power amp right now, and it sounds pretty good. The fan is louder than a jet plane, but there is no hiss and it covers the full dynamic range pretty wellm at least to my ear. The only problems are the fan noise and the lack of clip lights.

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    stay away from nady. I'd much rather stick with behringer. I spent the money on a crown, and was well satisfied. QSC also has very nice amps, which would be the best option in your case.

6. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    got the 850 in my pa... tried it for bass and it went into thermal shutdown quite easily when hardly being pushed with modest eq'ing. thought it sounded a little thin too (but that could just be my bias against it) :spit: in fact, it hardly cut the mustard for vocals only so instead of taking a monetary loss and trying to resell it, i use it as our monitor amp. be smart unlike me, and save your money for something better. you will almost always get what you pay for in this world. :bawl: