1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nady wireless system Buy or no?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by abcdefranklin, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Are they good. Someone is selling the nady uhf-7 and i can get it used for 15 dollars plus shipping. Am i just throwing away 20-30 bucks or is it a complete waste?

2. Bump. Will it work for bass too. I know it works for guitar not sure if it works for bass though.

3. Lonnybass

Lonnybass

Jul 19, 2000
    San Diego
    Endorsing Artist: Pedulla Basses
    IMHO no sense in spending thousands of dollars on a nice bass and rig only to have your sound compromised by cheapo wirelesses. If you don't mind the inevitable compression, signal drop-outs and interference you are likely to face at any given time, go for it, but I've seen very few entry-level wireless systems that are worth the dough.

Lonnybass

4. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    everything Nady is crap, sorry.

5. Mulebagger

Mulebagger

Dec 12, 2007
    poppin in the corn belt
    Endorsing Artist: Zon Guitars, Tsunami Cables, DR Strings, GK
    I picked one up, but took it back in a few hours because of the poor signal quality. Bought a Sennheiser (sp?) instead. It is the really small one with a dual antenna receiver. Works great. When ever possible though I'll just use a good 20ft Mogami cable. Much less trouble and better sound.

6. Put that money in a good cable. Only use wireless when you have a *need* to use wireless. Just my .02

7. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

I have a few wireless setups.. they're just more junk to carry around and fail.

8. Thanks so much guys :]

9. BR Audio

BR Audio Guest

Apr 13, 2006
    run.... run really fast away from it.. :)
    If you are looking for a system for bass, I'd prob consider the AKG system. Prob the best freq response than all others out there.
    I'm with a post above, don't go cheap on such an important part of your signal chain.

10. don't be sorry for the truth.

Nady makes behringer look like Moog.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2020