nailed the jaco sound on hejira

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by zazz, Mar 19, 2006.

1. zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    always loved that sound ever since it first came out but for a long time i never came close to it. I was never happy with all the various chorus and flanger type units out there...sort of ok but just not it.

Out of boredom I dug out my old boss GT5 multi-effects guitar unit. Then after trying out the chorus and flangers without success ...i happend on the mostly ignored harmonizer which has a ton of variables....that pretty much got me there ..a little reverb ...a touch of tight compression and it was spot on. ...throw in a custom shop 63 jazz fretless and its its the difference i swear.

Acctually after some time I have sort of come round to thinking that the GT5 is a lot better than the basspod xt ....and a lot of the effects on it have some kind of low pass filter and its much easier to use. Also the noise level of the gt5 is far far lower than that of individual pedals because its all preamped up once its in that unit......cant think why I didnt use it for bass before...just because it doesnt say bass on the case doesnt mean its not good for bass.....its great for bass.

Probably will still use the sansamp di for any kind of breakup.