1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

nails

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by steelhead2, Apr 26, 2010.

1. crazy stuff,my neighbor who played guitar,a pro for 30 years plus(and has retired,plays occaisionaly live,practises all the time,that's his life since a teenager so what else is he going to do?,but IS getting antsi and wanting to hit the road a few weeks a year,13 years retired i can't blame him)

anyway,i drove over and BS'd with him a bit,his first 2 fingernails on his right hand=awesome!,nice pointy pick nails,now for me=i work on cars and sand them,and i blew up my index finger on my right hand working at a sawmill 35 years ago i have to trim the nail WAY down since i have less meat to keep FROM plucking a string,,hahaha!,yeah! he has THE NAILS!for a guitarist anyway(trimmed/thick and built for a reason),Freddy King would be jealous:D

nails=if you tie fishing flies professionally you need nails on your thumb index fingers of whatever hand you fondle the fly with while tying( a righty has long nails on his left hand),the rest you trim,a guitarist,well i guess it depends on what you play but i could tell by his nails what he did(`chicken pickin' would be the LAST 2 nails being sharp),anybody follow me here=:confused:,,a man's nails tell the tale;)

2. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Im lost...

3. You didn't finish the sentence :meh:

4. Gopherbassist

Gopherbassist

Jan 19, 2008
    This thread is going nowhere fast.

5. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I don't examine other mens fingernails, sorry.

-Mike

7. Mortiis

Mortiis Banned

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    Classical Guitarists' nails freak me out.

IMG_0994.

[​IMG]

8. standupright

standupright

Jul 7, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Brownchicken Browncow
    i don't fondle flies

9. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Speak to the hand.

fingernails_1539981i.

10. Say no to texting out of context.

11. Mortiis

Mortiis Banned

Apr 24, 2010
    UK
    080509-131410-727007.

12. likee where thread go:
    [​IMG]

13. People who tie fishing flies will have a rig with a needle vice, the nail comment is irrelevant to that :p

14. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    That was so informative,thank you.