Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Name a good multi-effects unit for under $400

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sdguyman, Oct 21, 2005.

1. sdguyman

sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    I'm looking for a rackmount effects processor that can act like a stompbox, play multiple effects at one time and have a Wah pedel that can be controlled with a MIDI Pedal board. I really like the Rocktron Xpression but I didn't notice a Wah. I also looked at the TC G-Major but same thing no Wah, at least I didn't notice one that can be controlled with an expression pedal.

Any suggestions???? :bassist:

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'd vouch in for a Boss VF-1. It's been discontinued but doesn't really have an equivalent.

3. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    +1

4. those are good, and so is the ART Nightbass, which also is discontinued, but can be had for cheap...

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    G-Major is $399. Very nice effects unit, I am pretty sure you can control a wah with it too.

6. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
  7. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ

Bought my VF-1 on eBay for $275 in mint condition.... Still had the original box, manuals, and even the unused warranty card. The guy used it 2 times and stopped using effects. You can control it with a footswitch/expression pedal and has preset effects banks for acoustic, guitar, bass, keyboard, and vocals...and you can customize all of them!

I've had it for about 5 months and haven't even scratched the surface of it's capabilities....amazing unit!

8. sdguyman

sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    Does the VF 1 have stereo ins and outs on the back? I've been trying to find an manual to download but can't fine one anywhere.

9. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yes, stereo inputs/outputs.

10. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
  11. sdguyman

sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego