Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Name Another Effect

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cpcsg, Sep 1, 2003.

1. cpcsg

cpcsg

Aug 13, 2003
    Modesto, Ca
    I currently own a Digitech BP200 Bass Processor. I am going to return it due to a few reasons. But there IS one specific effect that I achieve with it that I would like to retain. It just has a generic name attached to it so I can't go from that. I want a pedal that will copy this sound.

It is pretty much the sound that Green Day Bassist Michael Pritchard has. That punk, twangy, punchy sound.

When we play I either use a clean, un-effected sound or THIS sound. The Digitech will give me that sound but its 149 clams for one sound and a not so decent package....can anyone tell me what effect this might be?

I use an ESP B-105 with a Fender 100 BMX Amp.

Thanks

2. probly a scooped eq preset with some compression

3. cpcsg

cpcsg

Aug 13, 2003
    Modesto, Ca
    OK COOL.

Now would that be an EQ pedal & Comp pedal or just one or what....sorry, new to bas effects.

4. cpcsg

cpcsg

Aug 13, 2003
    Modesto, Ca
    well i went to the website and listened to clips of BOSS GEB-7 Bass Equalizer and the Digitech XBS Bass Squeeze Compressor Pedal and I think the combo of the two will be real close to what I want. And I like the single pedals over the too compact processor.