Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

name of body shape...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nataku, May 9, 2005.

1. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    ive been gasing for a bass with a certain body shape, im not sure what its called, but its like a jazz with a single cutaway on the bottom, or like a les paul/jazz. does any1 know what this body shape is called or any companies that make basses like this?

2. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    yes, but 4 string and more traditional jazz shaped.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, there's two types of singlecut, the singlecut, like Geoff posted, and the Tele/Les Paul singlecut, like a G&L ASAT.

[​IMG]

4. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    not the ASAT tele type, more like the other two, but more rounded. like a jazz with just the bottom cut.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    ...you seem to be asking a different question than we're hearing. You asked what the name of a body type was. We got that covered (singlecut)

However, you seem to be looking for a specific brand/model, which was not the question you originally asked. That is not "what's the name of that body type." That is "What company makes a singlecut in a certain style?"

6. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    sorry about that, i meant to ask the name of the body (already covered) and for pix/info on it. i originally posted this while in photo class so i was kinda rushed... :ninja:

7. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    YES, thats it. that bolin shape is almost exactly what im looking for. like a les paul exaggerated. im not sure if you guys can understand me on this but, maybe more jazz shaped on the bottom, but the precision-ish shaped bottom looks fine. does any1 know of any cheaper ($1000 or under) basses with this body shape?

8. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    bump, cause i still cant find anything...

9. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    cause i still can't understand what you are asking for. Whats wrong with the epiphone one?

10. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    im looking for a more exaggerated les paul type body, with a larger upper horn, like in the bolin.