name of body shape...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nataku, May 9, 2005.

1. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    ive been gasing for a bass with a certain body shape, im not sure what its called, but its like a jazz with a single cutaway on the bottom, or like a les paul/jazz. does any1 know what this body shape is called or any companies that make basses like this?

2. Is it something like this?

[​IMG]

3. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
  4. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    yes, but 4 string and more traditional jazz shaped.

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, there's two types of singlecut, the singlecut, like Geoff posted, and the Tele/Les Paul singlecut, like a G&L ASAT.

[​IMG]

6. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    not the ASAT tele type, more like the other two, but more rounded. like a jazz with just the bottom cut.

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    ...you seem to be asking a different question than we're hearing. You asked what the name of a body type was. We got that covered (singlecut)

However, you seem to be looking for a specific brand/model, which was not the question you originally asked. That is not "what's the name of that body type." That is "What company makes a singlecut in a certain style?"

8. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    sorry about that, i meant to ask the name of the body (already covered) and for pix/info on it. i originally posted this while in photo class so i was kinda rushed... :ninja:

9. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    YES, thats it. that bolin shape is almost exactly what im looking for. like a les paul exaggerated. im not sure if you guys can understand me on this but, maybe more jazz shaped on the bottom, but the precision-ish shaped bottom looks fine. does any1 know of any cheaper ($1000 or under) basses with this body shape?

10. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    bump, cause i still cant find anything...

11. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    cause i still can't understand what you are asking for. Whats wrong with the epiphone one?

12. nataku

nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    im looking for a more exaggerated les paul type body, with a larger upper horn, like in the bolin.