Name of your first band

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by jcadmus, Apr 27, 2001.

1. jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    Okay, I'll go first. Mine was...Atlantis...

Stop laughing!!! It was the late 70s and we were young and didn't know any better.

The best part, however, was that our drummer -- who was a total moron -- printed up some business cards for us in shop class AND MISSPELLED THE NAME OF THE BAND.

Alantis -- with no "t" after the "a." It sounds like some bad carnival act -- Al Antis and his Singing Seals ("arf,arf, arf...")

What an idiot.
    Red Four likes this.
  2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Name of my first band--Death Wants a Cracker....
    Worldeeeter likes this.
  3. My first band was called Spatch. It was just a made-up word. When I first heard it, I laughed for about three days. We played a couple of parties and that was it.
    I had this big grand plan for our first album cover. The album was gonna be called "A Batch of Spatch", and the cover would show an oven mitted-hand pulling a tray of cookies out of the oven, and four of the cookies would be our heads. We never recorded anything.. oh well..
    10cc likes this.
  4. ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    First bands name, huh?? It was " The Wigs" .

I have no idea what it meant or where it came from. Just sounded right for the times I guess!!
  5. oddentity

oddentity Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Yellow Yarn Yak...

It came from a drawing the singer's pre-school age cousin had made...
  6. Peace Frog.

I leave the origin of this name up to you.

47th Street and interp like this.
  7. gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    We were so unconcerned about minute details, like a singer, for instance, that my first band existed for about 2 years without a name. It was just us, and since we didn't play out, we didn't see a need to call ourselves anything.
  8. my first band (which i´m still in...) is called <a href="">Remus</a>

but first we called ourselves HellFire... scary!! [​IMG]
  9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

At age 12 in the 8th grade, The Royal Cambodians...(a la "Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians")
  10. BassistJ

Mar 20, 2001
    Hemet, CA USA
    The Squares.

And yes we were. Very much so. We're talking dress-shirts-and-suspenders kinda square here.
  11. My first band, which I'm still in, is called Legacy. It was originally Legacy of Kurt Cobain, cause all we could play was Nirvana songs, but as we started making originals we just stuck to Legacy. Go us..
  12. hand of the wicked

hey it was grade 6 and i was a banger
  13. Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    My first band, which I guess still exists, is called "Open For Discussion". Unfortunately changing the name is NOT open for discussion... :mad:
  14. anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    My first and only band was named "Rut". Turned out to be a bit of a curse for us, not to mention often annoying when telling people our name.

What band are you in?

Dug2 likes this.
  15. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well...that's kinda funny. I've been at gournd zero in about 7 bands, and each one broke up before they went off the ground (including the one I just left). In each case we figured we'd better not start dropping a name till we could back it up. So my answer...nothing
  16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Radicals For Christ. Christian metal band.:)
  17. hahaha oh my crap! i just read these posts and happened to glance at a name of the poster, i nearly crapped myself! ha, PasterOfMuppets!! hahaha i think that that is wicked!! hahaha oh my...i should go to sleep!! ha....
  18. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Uh... my first band first called ourselves SMP, short for... eh... "Sug Min Pung", or in English; "Suck My Balls". :eek: We later changed that to "Lucky Stroke".
    We actually played pop, and the songs were nothing like the name of the band. Don't judge the book by its cover! ;)
  19. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany

It was our school band and it's the name of a German beer brand.
    It seemed perfect for us, since we all just reached the legal age for alcohol. :D

Ah, if I could be 16 again... [​IMG]
    static0verdrive and Dug2 like this.
  20. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York

Was a metal band(around 1985 ish,when I was still a drummer),we did Motorhead,Mercyful Fate and Metallica covers,as well as a few originals.