Name some Reputable bass Set up Guys In NY

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Groovecenter, Apr 30, 2003.

1. For lack of a better term, Im looking for set up guys in New York. I live In Brooklyn, and instead of looking in the yellow pages I figured I'd ask you guys. As said in my last thread Im just looking for a nice set up and maybe some fret work to just get the action sweeter and what not. Im more than willing to travel into the city (Manhatten), so give me some guys who you all trust and who do good work (fret and neck related work).
  2. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Jimmy will be doing the complete refin on my 78 P-Bass within the month. Very nice guy who always takes the time to answer my questions on the phone and e-mail me back quickly. The website speaks for itself. Give him a call.
    NY Bass and Guitar Boutique
  3. thanks razor, I went to the store, but didn't know they did work there. Is Jimmy the long haired guy?
  4. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Yessir...small, long haired guy is Jimmy. Super nice and he spent some time here in Dallas before moving back home to NYC and opening shop. The reputation he still has around here is excellent and after I spoke with him a couple of times and then saw his website I was sold. He's not cheap I warn you...but for extremely professional work he's the man.
  5. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    I always go to Bill Merchant. He spends some of his time outside the city these days, but he does still have a shop in NYC.