1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Name that bass! Headless content!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassmanDk, Mar 16, 2008.

1. BassmanDk

BassmanDk

Nov 23, 2005
    Odense, Denmark
    Employee - 4Sound, Odense
    One of my friends have seen this bass on a website. It's pretty cheap and he would like one for some bassplaying jobs ( he's a keyboardplayer).
    The ad doesn't state the name or model.
    It states that it is a brand new model but i can't find it on Hohner's website. It can't be a Steinberger because of the price and the missing name on the body. And the "under licensed by Steinberger" on the bridge.

But who made it and what's the modelname and when was it made?

2. BassmanDk

BassmanDk

Nov 23, 2005
    Odense, Denmark
    more pics

3. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
  4. mark-oj

mark-oj

May 26, 2006
    sydney australia
    :eyebrow: i still reckon its a steinberger

5. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
  6. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    May not be a refin...I had a red Hohner-berger myself back in the day.

Never played it traded it for a Kramer.

7. BassmanDk

BassmanDk

Nov 23, 2005
    Odense, Denmark
    I've looked on both Steinbergers and Hohners and i find that all were made with the name written on the body. So i think that it must be a refinished one.
    I don't think steinberger would make a bass with "licensed by Steinberger" hardware. Reckon they only use hardware that says Steinberger.
    But is it a Hohner or another maker? He states it is a new bass. Could this be correct? I can't finde this model in Hohners catalog.

8. Marcury

Marcury High and Low

Aug 19, 2007
    Mid Hudson Valley, NY
    Hohner is still making them, but those pickups don't look like any of the current models and the all have Hohner emblazoned on the bodies. the only other company I know of that used Steinbereger licensed parts was Cort and they've been out of production for years.

9. 1FATDAD

1FATDAD

Jan 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Cort I just saw one in a pawn shop.

10. lowrez

lowrez no.

Nov 27, 2004
    New Englandish

I don't think it is a Steinberger or if it is maybe a spirit. You do see "licensed by" on some real Steinberger hardware I think mostly after the Gibson buyout on some models.